Season 2 - Episode 8: Case #3 - Jayden and Arthur

"Did you find anything with the evidence?"

Jayden couldn't find anything with the evidence they had, so he went over Arthur and asked him, only to find out he had nothing as well. "No, not really." Arthur sighed, turning to Jayden. "Damn it.." Jayden mumbled, upset.

"Hopefully we find something though." Jayden tried to lighten up the mood. Arthur nodded, "Yeah, Hopefully." he sighed. "And plus, it's only been a few hours since we began the case, so try not to expect too much." Arthur pointed out, earning a small nod from Jayden.
—————————
It's been another 24 hours, Jayden and Arthur haven't found anything at all. It's been very difficult for the both of them. Every hour they spent in the briefing room, putting together theories and trying to find more leads, it'd all just fall apart. Jayden and Arthur were clueless so they decided to ask You about where they should begin.

"I don't know, guys. Ian and I are just as lost as you are." You sighed, placing their evidence file on Jayden's desk. "I'm sorry I couldn't help with anything." You apologised, feeling bad that you couldn't help them with their investigation. Arthur shook his head, "It's fine. You and Ian already have so much to work with." He replied with a small smile. You smiled back at Arthur.

"Yeah, about You and Ian.." Jayden said, making you turn to him. "What about us?..." You asked, giving him a confused look. "There's clearly something going on between the both of you." Jayden pointed out, "What is it?" He questioned you.

"There's literally n-nothing going on!" You stuttered out, trying to protect the truth about You and Ian's relationship. "Y/N/N, I know you. You're my best friend." Jayden was clearly trying to get the truth out of you by being really really sweet. You were obviously not going to fall into his trap.

"Yeah. I know you too! And I know you're my best friend! But that doesn't mean I'm gonna let you know about EVERYTHING." You explained. "Yeah, That's true. But remember that you literally told me everything when your dad went missing." Jayden pointed out. You crossed your arms and pinched the bridge of your nose, starting to get annoyed. "It was because I needed to talk to someone and tell them how I feel!" You protested.

"But-" Jayden said.

"Fuck it. I'm not having this conversation now so I'm just gonna get this over with." You sighed, not wanting to have a argument with your best friend AND work on a very difficult case.

"I'm dating Ian!" You confessed, making everyone turn their heads to you in surprise. "Surprise!" You exclaimed sarcastically, doing jazz hands as well. You looked over to Charles, "Happy, Boyle?" You asked him. "Yup!" He replied with excitement, earning a rough nudge from Rosa, making him groan in pain.

"You're welcome! Now get back to work." You commanded, being happy sarcastically, then showing your true your emotions. You then turned to Jayden and pointed a finger at him. "And you... Don't talk to me for the rest of the week." You said sternly, lowering you finger afterwards. "I don't think I'll be able to because you won't tell me anything anymore." Jayden sneered. You rolled your eyes and walked away. Arthur then turned to Jayden.

"This conversation could've gone very differently if you didn't bring up something that she didn't wanna talk about." Arthur pointed out. "But anyways, now we don't have any help from her for the rest of the week!" Arthur complained.

"Who cares? We're solving this by ourselves." Jayden grabbed the evidence file and stormed off.
—————————
"Still sure that we're going to solve this case by ourselves?" Arthur asked as walked into the briefing room, handing Jayden a NYPD mug full of coffee. "1000% sure." Jayden replied, looking at the evidence on the board.

Jayden sighed and took the mug, taking a sip from his coffee. He placed it on the table he was leaning on before, then went back to studying the evidence and leads that were pinned to the board.

"Y'know, if you apologised to Y/N/N then you would solve this a lot faster." Arthur said, earning an annoyed groan from Jayden. "Dude, I don't wanna talk to anyone. Especially Y/N!" Jayden snapped, looking at Arthur, then back at the board of evidence.

"And.. what about your girlfriend?" Arthur asked hesitantly. Jayden looked to Arthur, annoyed. "What? Is it just because you want me to shut up or is it also because you broke up with her?" Arthur asked, raising an eyebrow. Jayden rolled his eyes, "We broke up." He sighed. "Damn. Sorry about that. What happened?" Arthur questioned.

"She broke up with me for someone else." Jayden shrugged and frowned slightly. "Oh gosh.. Sorry once again." Arthur apologised. He began to glance around the room, thinking of a way to change the subject. His eyes laid on the board full evidence. Arthur turned to Jayden, "Let's just try and solve this case." He suggested. Jayden nodded and looked back to the board. The two detectives studied the board, thinking about the different events that happened in the crime.

"Are we even gonna solve this?" Jayden asked. Arthur shrugged,

"Hopefully we do."

(It's a shit episode I know.)