Chapter 18

2015

"Liv!" I heard him yell the moment I got out of the car and I was in his arms. I couldn't believe it was real. I was finally back in Barcelona, with Neymar, after half a year apart. And it wasn't like New Year's. I had the whole spring break to spend here, with him. He started kissing me, on my lips, my cheeks, my jaw, my forehead.

"I'm right here." I told him, snapping him out of the drunken spell. He took my face in his hands, looking at me, his expression so full of affection, I felt my legs weaken. "I'm freezing." I told him and he was finally aware that we were standing outside his house and even though it was March, it was snowing.

He thanked the driver that had brought me home and we walked inside, carrying my suitcase. When we got inside it was warm and cozy and I started taking the layers of clothes off.

"How was your trip?"

"You bought me a first-class ticket again." I told him instead. "How many times did I tell you not to get me a first-class ticket?"

"At least 23." He said, pretending to count them with his fingers. "It's never gonna happen, deal with it."

I sat down on the couch and grabbed his hand, pulling him down next to me, bringing his mouth to mine. He responded eagerly, running his hands along my back, underneath my shirt and sending shivers down my spine.

"What do you want to do for your first night here? We can go to that place down the pier..." He suggested, between kisses. I broke away from him and gave him a look that suggested I had other plans. He laughed. "Okay, okay. After that?" He asked and I gave him the same look again. "It looks like we're staying in tonight." He declared and before I knew it he had pulled me off the couch and we were hurrying upstairs.

~*~

Spring break was only a week but I had managed to shift things around and extend my trip to two. It meant I'd miss some classes and practices and even a game and the guys at the team were not happy about it, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Neymar and I fell into a pattern right away, like we had been living like this together for years. We'd get up early in the morning, he'd go to practice at Camp Nou and sometimes I'd go with him. He introduced me to his teammates and there were at least two or three that did not actually believe I had been real since Neymar was not posting about me on social media. Meeting so many football legends had definitely been a highlight of my time there and Neymar, being the considerate boyfriend he was, had even brought me down to the pitch and I swung the ball around with some of them which had been amazing.

After practice we'd go out to lunch or cook at home and spend the afternoon in the house together, watching a movie, relaxing in the hot tub and if the weather permitted, playing some football together in the garden. Most of the nights we'd go out to dinners or to house visits at his friends' houses and people would tell me how different Neymar was compared to before, how much happier, lighter, more outgoing and social.

I was happy to hear it, but in the back of my mind I counted the days I had left, trying not to think too much about the time of our next separation.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." Neymar said cheerfully, one afternoon. I was sat in the living room, watching his last game from the week before I came to Barcelona.

Tomorrow the game against Valencia would be taking place and then the home game against PSG for advancing to the semifinals of the Champions League. Barcelona was already up 3 to 1 from the away game a few days ago, with Neymar scoring the first goal of that game.

I was so happy to be able to be here for the home game. You could say my spring break happened at the perfect time to be able to attend a Champions League game, especially the one against PSG, meaning I'd see Thiago and David who I had missed so much since last August.