Chapter 73

2018

"Hello, yes." I said answering the phone, still holding onto Neymar. I saw his dad get out of the car again, when he noticed Neymar almost falling and coming towards us hurriedly. "What?" I asked, my breath caught in my throat as Riberi spoke. "I'll be right there."

"What happened?" Neymar asked as I recovered his crutch from the floor and gave it to him.

"Riberi said he got a call from PSG. They just threatened to sue us."

"What?" Neymar asked. "Why?"

"They said they used 3P today. They think this is the reason the game went so badly." I told Neymar when his dad approached us. "I need to go to Loges now."

"And do what? Do we need a lawyer?" Neymar asked.

"Lawyer? For what?" His dad asked when he was within earshot. "What is going on?"

"Neymar will fill you in. And tell David, okay? I'll get Peter and we'll go to Loges now to figure this out."

"I'll come with you." Neymar said, putting his hand on my arm to stop me.

"No, that's not a good idea." I told him and he understood. Things would be heated now and press would be there. It would be better if he wasn't involved. Hell, it would be better if I wasn't involved either, but I didn't have a choice. I ran to my car and started driving quickly, as I filled Peter in. He took his laptop out and started setting up for a reconfiguration as I drove.

"This is insane Liv! 3P can't have given these predictions!"

"I know... But I have no idea how they could have messed up the configuration so much that it gave them such crappy results. Coto was the one who took charge of it. I showed it to him, he knows how to use it! He was even the one who used it back during the World Cup."

I started breathing slowly to control my nerves when my phone rang again. "Where are you?" Julian asked.

"Something came up."

"You're kidding me, right? It's your best friend's surprise party!"

"Look, I can't promise anything. If I can, I'll swing by later. Tell Valentine I'm sorry." I said and hung up before he could object. He called again right away but I declined it.

When we reached Camp Des Loges it was swarmed with press. "Damn my blue car!" I said, when the journalists noticed us and started banging on the windows.

"They're gonna break them!" Peter yelled, freaking out.

Security ran out and helped us pass through thankfully and I parked as close to the entrance as I could. "Make a run for it." I told Peter who obeyed and quickly ran out with his laptop in his hand. I locked the car and followed after him, putting my hoodie on, not that it would do me much good.

When I got inside it was also mayhem. We ran to the coaching building and saw the President of PSG there with the coaches. He looked furious. Coto was on the laptop, that was projecting on the big screen, and he took them over the plays.

"Fuck, they're gonna eat us alive." Peter said exactly what I was thinking, as I opened the door and got in.

2016

Neymar's POV

Me and the boys came back late in the afternoon and found the girls at home, putting up decorations for the party. I saw Liv on top of a chair, hanging some ribbons in the garden and went to her, swiftly pulling her down, so she landed on me and I held her up. "Oi linda." I said, kissing her. "I missed you."