Chapter 23

2015

"I honestly cannot believe you are here!" I told Neymar again. I must have said it already a million times. We were currently holding hands, walking around on campus at my university!

The boy had waited until the last day of my spring break to let me know the news. While I was packing my bags, being in a pretty crappy mood because of the fact that I'd be leaving him again and wouldn't see him till the summer, he came to the bedroom and started packing a bag too.

"Are you going somewhere?" I had asked him, thinking it was an away game I didn't know about.

"Did I forget to tell you?" He tried to act oblivious.

So, here he was, having flown back with me, to spend a week here while he was on his break from La Liga and Champion's League duties. The only thing that put a little dent to the situation was that I overheard him having an argument with his mom, and from what I understood it was because he once again chose me over going back to Brazil to see them.

"The campus is nice. With the brick buildings and the vines. Like in the movies."

I smiled. "I'm glad you like it." I told him, giving him a kiss on the cheek as we walked. We didn't have to hide here, the chances of anyone seeing Neymar, realizing who he was and actually believing it was him and not someone that just looked a lot like him were close to zero. "It's too bad Rafa isn't here too, we couldn't have double dated."

Neymar looked at me incredulously.

"Maybe Alex is available?" I joked. "But in all seriousness, Peter and Marina would like to see you I think. Even Alex would."

"Yeah..." He conceded. "Rafaella has ordered me actually. Not asked me. Ordered me. How the hell does she think she can do that? She's younger than me!"

"Babe, younger siblings are the bosses. Everyone knows that." I said, speaking as a younger sibling myself.

He chuckled. "Tell me, are there any frat parties going on tonight? I think I need to add this college experience to my resumé."

"Please. You've been to more parties than even the most hard-core fraternity guys."

"As Neymar Jr. Now I'll just go as a... maybe a physics student."

"You'd definitely not pass as a physics student. You're too hot. And too tattooed." I observed.

"I happen to think physics students are really hot. At least some of them, present company included. It's the good looks and smoking brains that do it for me."

I shoved him playfully. "Alright. Let me reach out to some of my contacts and let's get you drunk at a college party. I really hope your coaches don't make me a persona non grata for corrupting you when you return to Barca."

"Not if I'm doing the corrupting." He said and suddenly reached and tried to tickle me. I run away and he chased after me but I let him catch me quickly.

"I'm down for some corrupting today." I told him, wrapping my arms around him and kissing him, not caring who's watching.

~*~

"I cannot believe you're gonna be at the stands, watching me play at a game." I told Neymar the next day, as I was getting dressed. He was still in bed, not having made any move to get dressed himself, only watching me with a huge grin on his face.

"I'm really excited about it." He told me.

"You do look excited." I told him and he laughed loudly. "Start getting ready. And wear a hoodie or a cap. These guys know their footballers." I put my hair up in a tight ponytail and finished putting my kit on.