Chapter 51

2018

The loud noise the front gate made as it opened, surprised me and I pulled back, breaking the kiss. I looked towards it and saw a van drive in, and then turned to look at Neymar, whose face was flushed and he was breathless, same as me. I couldn't process what had happened, but it seemed like for him the spell was broken when the van came because he got up. I felt like electricity was running through my body. He offered me his hand and pulled me up too.

"Let's go wake everyone up. That was the breakfast I had ordered, arriving." He told me and walked inside, without looking at me again. I felt like someone had thrown a bucket of icy water over my head. I stayed there for a few minutes, trying to collect myself. This kiss, this so out of the blue kiss, had shaken me up and completely disorganized me, but I couldn't say the same for him.

When I finally walked inside, people had started getting up and I wondered how this lot is going to be in practice at Loges in an hour looking like that. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that I was in desperate need of taking my makeup off, that was made even worse now that I had cried again.

"I don't think we have enough time to go by the house." David told me as he approached. "We can shower at Loges."

"Yeah..." I said still half present. "There's coffee and breakfast in the kitchen, guys." I told everyone before I headed there myself.

Neymar handed me a cup of coffee when I walked in. "Milk, no sugar, right?" He asked me, but his eyes were on the cup of coffee and never looked up to me.

"You remembered." I said, taking it from him.

"Of course." He acted like nothing had happened just minutes ago. Did I dream it all up?

David ran inside the kitchen and grabbed my cup from my hand, and drank two huge gulps. "Excuse you!" I said, taking it back.

"Sorry, gotta run. Clara needs to swing by her place before practice so I'll give her a ride." He said, taking two napkins and putting a croissant on each of them. "You can take Liv, right?" He asked Neymar, who nodded affirmatively. "See you at Loges!"

I was about to speak to Neymar when some of the people that were asleep in the living room came in. Dani ruffled my hair as he came in. He was actually dancing to no music. Always in a good mood.

"Bathroom?" I asked Neymar and he motioned me to follow him. Someone else was occupying it, so we went upstairs. He opened the door to a room, which upon entry realized was his. He could have pointed towards any of the other bedrooms with bathrooms in his house. I'm sure they were a lot. But he didn't. Why didn't he? "This is your room." I said, looking around, at the giant TV, the window with the curtains drawn and the giant bed, where only one side was slept in.

I turned to look at him again, wishing he'd close the door behind him and close the distance between us, kiss me again.

"Liv, I'm sorry about before." He said and moved towards the door but before he could leave I put my hand on his arm to stop him.

"Where are you going?" I asked him. He looked at me questioningly. "This is all you have to say to me? You're sorry?"

"I am." He said, his gaze on the floor again. "I shouldn't have done that, I got caught in the moment and I—"

"I kissed you too."

"You shouldn't have either. We... I have— The point is, this was a mistake." He opened his mouth to add something but closed it again undecided.

But I couldn't stay away from him anymore. I reached up and put my hands on his cheeks, pulling him down to me. He drew a deep breath as my lips hovered in front of his for a few seconds, before I couldn't take the anticipation anymore and moved to close the remaining distance between us.