Chapter 86

2018

When I reached the club and got inside, I was surprised to find Saad and Julian drinking coffee at a table, as the cleaning staff was working.

"Morning sunshine. Or should I say afternoon." Julian said when he saw me. "I love the outfit." He added, pointing at Neymar's sweatshirt with the Njr logo, on top of my dress from last night. I was only glad Kylian wasn't here to call me mini-Ney again.

"Hi Liv. Congrats for yesterday. You were... great. I didn't get a chance to tell you." Saad told me. He had avoided me last night, was the more accurate description, but I didn't mind.

"Thank you." I told him, smiling. "We left the car here yesterday, I came to get it."

"Your car? I don't remember seeing it this morning." Julian told me.

"No, not mine. Neymar's." I said, avoiding to look at Saad.

Julian smiled and I realized he knew it was Neymar's car but wanted to make me say it. "I'm afraid we can only release the car to the actual owner."

"Well, I'm here already. And you know he can't even drive with a fractured foot."

Julian made a face, as if to show he wasn't comfortable to hand me the keys.

"Don't be a dick." Saad told him.

"Fine. For you." Julian told me, getting up and going behind the bar where he took out a big fishbowl of keys. "But it's on you, if Neymar reports the car stolen. I want nothing to do with it."

"Sure. In case he accuses us of grand theft auto, I'll take the blame. Promise." I said ironically, fishing Neymar's keys out of the bowl. "Thanks. See you at the game. You're coming, right?"

They both nodded. "Nothing beats watching the guy she left you for, win a championship." I heard Saad say as I closed the door, and I wasn't sure if he wanted me to hear him or not.

I headed to the parking lot quickly and found Neymar's car. Traffic was already starting to get bad in the city center since people were coming for the game. We had less than four hours till kickoff, I realized. Even though the club was relatively close to our apartment, it took me half an hour to get there. Fortunately, Peter and my brother were there.

"You just missed David. Clara came by to drive him. He waited for you, but he couldn't wait any longer or he'd be late."

"Shit. The traffic is so bad. We should also head out soon." I told them. "I have to find my phone first and Peter? There is something we need to talk about." I ran to my room and rummaged through my backpack but couldn't find my phone there. "Do you guys remember the last time you saw me with my phone?" I asked them.

"You had it before the game. We took that photo in the car, when you and Neymar picked us up from the airport." My brother told me.

"Can you give me a call? Maybe we'll hear it vibrate." I said, since I always had it on silent mode. Michael did and the three of us spread around the house, but to no avail. "Can I borrow yours for a second?" I asked. "I have to call mom, David and Neymar."

"We'll leave you to it." Michael said, and the two of them returned to their conversation. My parents were really happy and congratulated me on our win yesterday, although a little disappointed they couldn't get through to me sooner. They told me the local paper had actually run a story on me, a local girl who went on to help PSG win the championship. Of course, they didn't hesitate to mention Neymar too and the fact that we were dating.

Next, I called David, to wish him good luck for the game. I told him I would try to swing by the locker room if I made it there in time. He seemed optimistic and energetic, which was good.