TBBFL 5: Runaway

VOTE PWEASE :3

CIELO MONTEZ

"I... I n-need to go," I stuttered, standing up. I needed to leave.

God, he had such nice timing. Couldn't he have gone to the restaurant the following day? Talk about awkward if he'd seen me here.

And don't forget Mike was still in the same place as I was. Holly Satan's ball, this guy was so obsessed with gossip.

"Bianca, let's go!" I ordered, pulling her arm, but she refused to stand up.

"Just a second, Cielo. I have a feeling he won't cause trouble. You know he still has an image to protect. He won't do anything, especially since we're in a public place."

I raised a brow at her response. I could see that she only wanted more time with Mike. It seemed as if a guy was more important than her best friend. Where did our motto, "Chicks before dícks," go? I huffed. I was leaving whether she was coming with me or not.

I looked at Mike. "I'm going. If you need something in relation to what I'm making you do, just message me." Looking at his face, he seemed confused at my sudden plan to leave, but he let it go.

"What? But how will I go home, Cielo? You have the car key," Bianca whined.

"Let Mike drive you home. I knew that was your plan from the very start, anyway," I replied to her pout, rolling my eyes.

I moved some of my hair closer to my face, trying to hide myself. I was hoping it would work, even though it was pretty obvious that it was me due to my figure.

I walked normally so no one would notice that I was trying to escape. It was a pretty good thing that he was looking in a different direction. I myself nearly did a happy dance when I almost got out of the restaurant. Key word: almost.

"Cielo?"

Dang. I had almost gotten away! I'd been so close! 

I slowly turned to face him, stuttering, "Hey, Joseph. What's up?"

I could tell from the smirk on his face that he knew that I was trying to avoid him. It was obvious I would try to, considering what had happened between us. After we had shared a hot, steamy night together, I had left him alone in his condominium.

"Are you avoiding me?" Duh! Wasn't it obvious?

"Why would you say that? Besides, I'm not," I said, trying hard not to show any sign of nervousness. He came closer to me and his smirk got wider.

"Really?" I gulped. Why was he so freakin' hot?

"Of course. Why would I?" He was so close that his breath was fanning my ear. As I took a step back, he only took a step closer.

"Then show me, Cielo. Show me that you're not avoiding me. Go to my place at ten and prove it to me." I pushed him slightly and gave him a deadly glare.

"Not this time, Joseph. You can choose to believe that I'm telling the truth or that I'm lying, but I won't fall for your tricks again. Once is enough. There will not be a repeat of what happened between us. It was just one night."

He glared at me and lifted my chin, making me look up to him. "One night?! Cielo, one night?! Babe, you don't know what you're saying. That wasn't just one night! I thought you had feelings for me!"

I stared at him, shocked. Did he really think that I wanted to be with someone like him? No way! I would sooner jump from an airplane than let that happen.

"Look. Forget everything that happened. That's all nothing to me now. I was drunk, okay? Not only that, you were, too. We didn't know what we were doing." He grabbed my chin tighter, making me wince.

"Damn you, Cielo. I wasn't even drunk that night, and just because it meant nothing to you, it doesn't mean that it was also nothing to me. I thought we had something!" At this point, I pushed him with all my might. How dare he?!

"Fúck you, Joseph!" I yelled as I ran. I needed to get away from him. He was such an annoying, delusional bastard!

"Cielo! Come back here! We still need to talk!" He shouted angrily. Yeah, yeah whatever. I ran quickly. I was scared that he might think of running after me. I looked back to see if my hunch was correct. Boy, was I right. He really was chasing after me! 

I quickened my pace even more. Good thing I was once part of the University's track team; I had developed good stamina. But then again, Joseph was my gym teacher— he'd have more breath to spare.

I cussed. I couldn't believe I had forgotten that fact. I didn't dilly-dally any more. I ran as fast as my lungs could take me. If he caught up with me, I didn't know what I'd do.

People stared, but I paid them no heed. There was only one thought running through my head— I needed to escape.

I slowed my pace when I saw a figure standing fifteen meters or less from the place I was running towards. My breathlessness left me at that very moment, replaced by overpowering pain in my heart. As a feeling of dread washed over me, I felt cold sweat forming on my face.

The figure screamed memories that were best left forgotten. A dominating aura engulfed that very figure. It never failed to give me chills from my head to my toes. The figure screamed of the past that haunted me until this day. It screamed Chancer Alvarez.

I immediately veered to the left, praying that he didn't notice me. Unfortunately, the recognition that flashed in his blue eyes spoke otherwise. I could tell that I was caught as our eyes met. The moment was fleeting though, as the recognition was quickly replaced by determination.

He was determined to capture me in his strong arms and never let me go. I couldn't afford to do that. I couldn't. Once he got me, there would be no escape. I would be trapped forever.

But I was definitely not the type of girl to just give up. I wouldn't give up this run. I wouldn't let them catch me until my last gasp of air. I wouldn't lose without a fight. And I would be sure to give them one hell of run even if it was the last thing I did before I gave Satan himself a blowjób.  

***

A/N: What do you guys think of Joseph?

Don't forget to...

VOTE, COMMENT, ADD TO YOUR READING LIST, AND BE A FAN!

Yours truly, Reen <3

Banner made by: Fallingtide