TBBFL 42: I Don't Care

VOTE PWEASE :3

CIELO MONTEZ

"Let me get those for you." The heavy pile of boxes that I was carrying were suddenly lifted from my arms. Glancing at my right side, I saw this cute brunette guy with a big smile on his face as he tried to balance the additional boxes he included in his already large pile.

Chuckling at him, I snatched back the boxes that he got from me. "Nah, these are mine. Go get your own," I teased and sent him him a wink.

"Ladies shouldn't carry heavy materials. Let the guys do the work." He put down the boxes on the ground and flexed his muscles, attempting to impress me.

I raised my brow at him and crossed my arms. "Don't tell me you're being sexist right now."

He froze in the midst of flexing and looked at me worriedly. "T-that's not what I m-meant! I was just trying to be uhmm... You know..." Then he lost it. He looked freakin' cute trying to find the right words to say. He was obviously panicking, thinking I took what he said the wrong way.

I had my face remain impassive to have him believing that I was serious. Though I didn't want the poor guy to piss his pants, I still wanted my fun.

When I no longer could control my act, I burst out laughing. He stopped with his small panick attack and glared at me. "That was so not nice," he pouted.

I stuck out my tongue. "Suck it, loser." Then I continued walking to where I was originally headed.

From behind me, I heard Egzon tisked but followed me anyway like a lost puppy. He had been doing this for the past few days. I didn't mind it. He was fun to be around with. Plus, he kept me distracted.

It was the last day of foundation week. People were busy packing up stuffs and making sure that the field was spotless. I looked around and see Bianca alongside with Mike, Zion, and Chinito helping with the cleanup. My eyes wandered, looking for a specific blonde. And when I couldn't find him, I let out a sigh in relief.

This was the punishment we were given to. After the ruckus caused by Chancer, the supposedly fun celebration turned to riot. Apparently, when Egzon was hit, the other guys he was with didn't respond well. One thing lead to another and the at the end, there were injuries, broken stalls, an angry principal, a punishment implemented, and a passed out me.

I peeped over my shoulders to look at Egzon. A purple bruise on his right cheek marred his handsome face. Suddenly, I felt guilty. He didn't deserve it. Chancer was being a possessive asshole and he let his jealousy take over him. The fight was clearly unnecessary. It was stupid. And now, Egzon got himself a bruise because of me.

"What's wrong?" He asked when I stopped on my tracks.

I stared at his bruise in guilt. He quickly noticed that I was looking at it.

"Hey, I'm fine." He smiled warmly, assuring me that his injury was just a piece of cake. It only made me more guilty. He was such a nice guy. Completely different from Chancer.

While Chancer was a dangerous man mothers always tell their daughters to stay away from, Egzon was some prince everyone would be comfortable with in just minutes of spending time with him. He was funny, caring, compassionate... But not Chancer.

I shook my head. I shouldn't be comparing them.

Damn it, Cielo. Get a grip of yourself.

"Don't worry about me. My bruise actually boosted my appeal, don't you think?" He teased, transferring all of his pile of boxes to his left arm to pat me on my head.