TBBFL 31: Sealed With A Kiss

VOTE PWEASE :3   

CIELO MONTEZ

"Zion, wait!" At the sound of my voice ringing through the school corridor, Zion stopped in his tracks. He turned to face me.

"Hey, what's up?" He smiled when he saw me trying to catch my breath. I'd been running to catch up to him; he always walked in long strides.

"Can I ask you a question?"

He shrugged nonchalantly. "Shoot."

"I uhmm..." I scratched the back of my head, wondering how I should ask him this. I'd been meaning to do this for awhile now, but with Chancer being his usual mean self, I'd been too busy making up with him to have a talk with Zion.

"I was wondering about the book Primera dama. Could you tell me what it's all about?"

He quirked a brow at me. "Why?"

"Just curious. Chancer's been reading it a lot, and by that I mean he's read the whole book two or three times... this week."

He made a humming sound and I looked at him, expecting him to give in to my request. "Well, maybe I could tell you about it."

Grinning widely, I followed after him when he continued his walk. "So..."

Noticing my impatience, he chuckled. "The novel was set back in the medieval ages, wherein the male protagonist is this wealthy nobleman. He's cunning, handsome, and dark."

I eyed Zion when he said dark. He seemed to know what I was thinking so he continued on with his story. "And by dark, I mean he has something to do with the suspected fall of the kingdom. He's been going behind his king's back, betraying him. He's careful though, acting like a loyal dog when present among his king and the other nobles. For years, he's managed to save his ass from getting caught."

He stopped talking and checked whether I was still following. I nodded my head towards him. "At first, everything goes smoothly and according to plan, but then like in any other novel, there's got to be something to block the protagonist. You might think that it's his father, interfering with his plans, enemies, fighting him for glory, or even the king, knowing about his betrayal. But when everything he's ever longed for is just within reach, he's greeted by the cause of his soon-to-be downfall— the very first lady he fell in love with."

***

"Woah, this is cool!" I mumbled as I continued chewing. My mouth was celebrating, enjoying the grilled food's exotic taste. It was my first time trying it and it would definitely not be the last.

Allen, the guy I'd bumped into, laughed heartily as he stuck out his tongue. "Told you so. You were like, 'Eww! Gross! I'd rather lick your ass than eat this!'" He dramatically mimicked my hand gestures.

"I didn't say your ass. I said that guy's ass," I scoffed, pointing at a shaggy guy who was wearing very tight red shorts that showed the shape of his little you-know-what. He was lame, flirting with any and every girl by doing lousy pouts and overly dramatic winks.

Allen gasped. "So you're saying you'd rather lick his ass than this!" He turned around and pointed to his hot bum. Ooh lala.

I playfully snickered, "A hundred percent." Pfft, not really.