TBBFL 33: Ginger

VOTE PWEASE :3

CIELO MONTEZ

"Who in the holy Satan's balls do you think you are?! Why are you waking me up at freakin' three in the morning?!" I shouted at whoever was on the other line.

Seriously, it was still early and I was having a dream that consisted of me, Chancer, and a bed. You can guess the rest of the story.

"Sorry to wake you up, Cielo, but we're having a little problem here." From Zion's side of the phone, I could hear lots of noise; people were yelling loudly and grunting.

Sitting upright in my bed, I concentrated on the voices I could hear in the background. Deep unfamiliar tones lingered in my ears, but I could also hear the familiar sounds of Mike... and Chancer. Definitely Chancer. It was his voice that was the loudest. He was shouting curses and other 'colorful' things.

"Police station or..."

Zion sighed. "Meet us at my house. Hopefully Chancer will cooperate."

Even though I knew Zion couldn't see it, I nodded. "I see. I'll be there."

I ended the call and took my keys, knowing a thing or two of what Chancer had done.

Half an hour later, I parked my car in front of Zion's house and went inside. As soon as I got through the door, Chancer's deafening voice was all that resonated through the halls. But if I listened more closely, I could also distinguish Zion's hushed tone.

"Where the fück is she?!"

"She's on her way. Calm down."

Genuine happiness bubbled up within me; Chancer was worried about me. He cared! I hastened, wanting to reach him sooner.

I accidentally swung the door open in excitement, my eyes coming in contact with Chancer's, and I saw his tense posture soften.

He sent me a wide smile. "Cielo, my love! Come to me!"

Taken aback by his affection, I glanced at Zion and he nodded as if he understood what I was thinking. "He's drunk," he started. "He got in trouble earlier for picking a fight with some men in the club. The police got involved, so I stepped in. He wouldn't shut up about you, so I called," Zion repeated the same story he had been telling me for the last couple of weeks.

"Call me if he starts giving you any trouble." With a nod, he exited the room after glancing at Chancer one last time.

"Cielo, my love! Give your sexy ass boyfriend a kiss!"

I looked at the particular drunk guy in the room who was calling for my attention. I stared at him for a long time, thinking about what should I do.

There were two versions of drunk Chancer. The first one was the happy and affectionate Chancer, who would smother me with panda hugs and kisses. The second one was the angry and possessive Chancer, who was like a darker version of Romeo—rough, yet extremely passionate.

Clearly, he was the first version at the moment.

"Come on now. I'm waiting," he grinned cheekily, patting his lap.