TBBFL 8: His Or Mine?

VOTE PWEASE :3

CIELO MONTEZ

I woke up with a heavy body and a severe headache. This was worse than the time I had gotten a hangover after Joseph had purposely gotten me drunk. The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was a moving wall.

When did walls even move?

I closed my eyes, hoping that the ache would ease, even just a little bit. But when I did, sleepiness washed over me. I quickly opened my eyes again, remembering that it was Monday and I had to go to Hell, also known as school.

I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before. Scratch that. I hadn't gotten any sleep at all. Chancer was to blame for that.

You. Are. Mine.

Even now, the words he had said still bothered me. It was like a broken record. It wouldn't stop.

I took a quick bath and put on my school uniform. I didn't forget to wear my shades and cap to disguise myself, in hopes I could possibly hide from Chancer. This would be the first day that Mike would act as my spy and I prayed he'd do his job well, or else I'd make sure that he didn't end up with Bianca.

Speaking of Bianca, I heard my cellphone ring. The song 'Fúck You' was playing. It was Bianca's personal ringtone in my phone, so I knew it was her calling.

"Hello," I answered.

"Cielo, I have something to tell you!" she said, excitement clear in her voice.

I rolled my eyes. "What is it?" I asked, bored. This girl really loved to gossip.

"We need to go to school early today! Are you already dressed? I'm on the way to your house! You should already be at the gate when I get there! Hurry up, you slút!"

I was slightly curious about what Bianca had said. She'd sounded so excited. She wasn't usually that lively in the morning, especially on Mondays. What had gotten into her? Maybe the rumor she had heard was what had made her so eager to go to school?

"Please explain to me what gossip you heard this morning that made you this excited."

"Listen here, I heard that the new students are hunting for you right now! As in, right now! The blonde guy with the blue eyes announced to the whole campus that whoever can bring you to him will be granted a full scholarship to any university he or she wants, plus, a million dollars' worth of designer clothes!" My eyes widened at what she had said. What the heck?!

"See?! I don't need the scholarship because I know I'm smart and I could enter any university I wanted, even Harvard. All I want are the designer clothes! Yes, you heard me right, designer clothes, Cielo! That's a million dollars' worth, you know!"

I had an idea of what Bianca wanted to happen but I was too scared to confirm it. I hoped I was wrong, though.

"Now Cielo, go to your gate so I can fetch you already! I'm the only one who knows where you live so I have the advantage. I just have to bring you to school and claim my prize to—"

I decided to end the phone call. This was bad. I had no one on my side now. Even Bianca had turned her back against me, and for what? Clothes! For Goddamn clothes!

I grabbed my keys and hurried to the car. I needed to leave this condo unit as soon as I could. Bianca was the only person who knew where I lived. I had moved here two years ago, right after Chancer had left for Australia. I didn't live in the old mansion that I had once called home anymore. I had lost my reason to stay in that place.