TBBFL 7: You. Are. Mine.

VOTE PWEASE :3

CIELO MONTEZ

"I left you. And that is because of..."

What?!

It was like I couldn't hear what Chancer just said. It went into my ear and came out from the other side. The information was like sand running through my fingers, leaving my grip, never giving me the chance to analyze it.

"Will you repeat what you just said? I didn't hear you," I said while sticking a finger inside my ear.

He sighed, and with a clearer and louder voice, he repeated his words.

"I left you because of Ginger."

I froze for a few seconds, unable to move. My eyes were asking him silently if he was telling the truth. I was waiting for him to say that it was just a joke— a funny thing he'd said just to lighten the mood. But when he made no move to explain, and just kept staring at me with his blue, orb-like eyes, my stomach dropped.

He had left me because of Ginger.

Ginger. Ginger.

That name echoed in my ears for longer than I would've liked.

Ginger. Ginger.

Why was Ginger my new most hated name?

"She's dead."

For the second time, I froze. I didn't know what emotion I should go with: sympathy or anger? Sympathy since Ginger was dead or anger since he had chosen to be with Ginger rather than me? But then again, he'd known Ginger for most of his life. They'd grown up together.

Who was I? I was just a clingy ex-girlfriend from his past.

"All I'm asking for is a second chance, Cielo. Let me be a part of your life again. I'll make it work this time. I won't be that selfish bastard who left you. I'll court you, give you flowers, sing for you, and do anything you want me to do. Heck, I'll even run naked if that's what you want. Please, Cielo," Chancer begged.

His eyes were pleading— pleading for me to take him back— to give him the key to my heart again. What he didn't know was that he still had it in his hands. He was just too blind to see it.

I wanted to tell him that I accepted him once again in my life, but I couldn't carelessly forget what he'd done to me. I'd cried countless times because of him. Had he even so much as called to explain? No. He never had.

My anger was stronger than my desire and need to have his warmth embrace me. I wanted to be with him, but my hatred was in the way. As long as there was pain inside of me, I couldn't be with him again. I couldn't let him hurt me again. I couldn't do this anymore.

With all of my fury and pain, I screamed at his pleading face, "And then what? You're going to leave again, huh? Why don't you just go back to Australia and mourn the loss of your dead dog!"

I pushed him away as I stomped towards my car.

Ginger was his dog. A very jealous one, I might add. Last time I'd visited Chancer's villa, she wouldn't stop barking at me. She was the annoying one, not me. I couldn't believe that because of his dog, he left me.

I remembered Chancer had once mentioned that Ginger was sick or something, and could only be cured overseas. I'm guessing the main reason why he'd left was to cure his beloved Ginger. I didn't know the full details, but still, it annoyed me even more to hear it. But at the moment, I wasn't the only one who was angry.