TBBFL 30: Trust Me, Okay?

VOTE PWEASE :3    

CIELO MONTEZ

As I chewed on the tip of my mechanical pencil, I made myself busy by observing the oldyet neatplace that I was in. Bookshelves were lined in an overly organized manner, the chairs and tables were placed accordingly, and the few people present were even sitting in a zigzag pattern.

Being the little bitch that I was, I broke the pattern by taking the chair beside a random girl. She looked up from the book that she was reading and was bewildered by the fact that I was sitting next to her. I shrugged and searched for Chancer who was scanning through the books. He was looking for a novel that his literature teacher had assigned for her students to read.

One and a half hours later, I was bored as hell. Chancer wasn't finished yet with his book. In fact, I was thinking that he was taking his time with it. He was engrossed in it to say the least.

"Chancer..." I whined, poking his cheek repeatedly.

He caught my finger and placed a chaste kiss on it before releasing it. I felt my face redden at his action. It wasn't every day that Chancer's brain cells got knocked up, causing him to be romantic with me for a little while.

"Stop whining. I told you earlier that I'd be busy." He closed his book and sighed, annoyed. "If you don't get that, the door is right there. You can just shut up and leave." The he proceeded to go back to reading.

My little bubble of happiness popped and my heart ached a little at what he'd said. I scolded it for hurting. I should had been used to him being like that.

Not wanting to further annoy Chancer, I left the library and found myself in the music room, where Zion and Mike were hanging around like most lazy students.

"What's with the pout?" Mike asked me from his place on the couch.

"Chancer," I muttered, making my way to the couch positioned opposite Mike's.

He chuckled. "Why am I not surprised by that? Your relationship is filled with drama."

"Hey! We're not fighting! We just had a tiny bit of a misunderstanding. It's nothing big," I immediately denied.

He scoffed. "I never said you guys were fighting. So defensive."

Flipping him off, I laid on the couch and started to think about Chancer. Mike was right. Our relationship was always filled with drama. And big or small, I was always at fault and had always been the one to try to mend the rift between us. It was like I was the only one putting forth effort in our relationship.

"Cielo," I heard Zion call me, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I called back, eyes closed.

"You guys were in the library, right?"

I hummed in response.

"What was he reading?"

I thought about the title of the book Chancer had selected. It was actually easy to remember because I'd stared at the cover more than necessary.