Chapter 50

For the next month Annie spend it with the Weasley family, along other members of the order that came everyday. Things were a bit tense a week prior they start of the school year. For a moment Annie thought she was going back to Hogwarts, as Molly wasn't so sure that her daughter should go back, but at the end ginny won the discussion and she was going back.
It was finally September 1st, Annie and Ginny arrived to the station safe and sound thanks to the protection of the order.
"Thanks for having me this last month" she said hugging Molly Weasley
"You don't have anything to thank darling, and please be careful"
"We will" she said with a warm smile.
She let her friend to say goodbye to her mother and she started walking to the train
"Hey stranger" she heard someone behind her, it was Lex, she practically throw her suitcase in the ground and hug him "wow someone missed me"
"You came back.."
"I said I would, look at this it's..."
"Cold" she said while seeing the station, the magic vibes she had for the last few years when she entered to the platform were not there this time
"Hey Lex" ginny said coming next to them
"Hey" he said to her "shall we girls?"
"Let's do this..." Annie said and the 3 of them entered the train.
"Looks who is there" Lex said pointing to the end of the wagon where Neville was.
"Guys! Come here" Neville said with a smile
"Hi Neville" Annie said hugging her friend, and sitting next to Lex, in front of them ginny and Neville sat, a big after Emma and Colin came along, followed by Luna and Cho, the four of them sat in the table next to theirs.
"So here we are..." Cho said "the remain of Dumbledore's army"
"Well along the others, I don't know who is coming back, I guess we will have to wait till the castle" Neville added
"Can I ask... what now?" Emma asked
"We have to come back... the group, and we have to be stronger than ever" Annie said " I don't know what Harry, Hermione and Ron are doing out there, but we can't leave the inside"
"Annie is right, we need to do this" ginny said
"But, who will lead us this time? I mean there's no Harry" Colin asked
"I think it's obvious isn't it?" Luna added "Neville you're the one here who is over age, and who also have fight twice"
"What? Me?" Neville asked
"She is right Neville... I think it's your turn mate" Lex said
"I... I can't do this alone... Annie do it with me"
"Me... I why?"
"You have also fight in the past against death Easters, you've talent and people follow you easily" ginny said
"Plus you're a Potter..." Cho added "people will expect it"
"Please" Neville begged
"Okay.. I'll do it" she said and Neville thank her
"What are you looking?" Lex asked to Colin
"Uh okay you guys don't move but I just saw Draco Malfoy looking through the door glass" with that comment Annie's heart started pounding hard.
"So he is back" ginny said
"Along the other Slytherins" Emma said
"Do you guys think they are with all of this?" Luna asked
"I mean most of their parents are... what we can expect from them" Neville said
"Nothing" Annie said "as far as we know they are classmates, and we are going to treat them like that... unless we have proof of other thing, we have to keep a low profile"
"She is right" Lex said
After 5 minutes Annie stand up "I have to go to the bathroom"
And with that Annie left the wagon, she was definitely not going to the bathroom, still she didn't know where she was heading.
Although it was not difficult to find out, as not even 2 compartments after she entered the train wagon, she was pulled inside one, by none other than Draco.
"What are you doing?" She asked
" Why you came back?" He asked
"Well hello to you too"
"Annie... they are looking for him, and if they find you"
"It won't help them at all... I don't know where he is... he didn't told me anything, I couldn't even said goodbye to him.."
"I.. I'm sure he did that to protect you"
"Yes, because apparently everyone thinks I've to be protected..." she said clearly giving him hint.
"Annie.." but in that moment the train shit down
"What's going on?" She asked
"Shh" he said coming near her "they are here.. wait here and don't move please" he said to her while he left the compartment and shut it after.
Minutes passed and Annie was feeling nervous, but then suddenly the train started moving again, and no long after Draco came back.
"What they were doing for?"
"Your cousin obviously... look Annie, this year will be different and there are things you have to know, Hogwarts is not going to be the same now, with Snape in charge, and the Carrows.."
"The carrows?"
" a pair of siblings... death Easters. They will be giving class and helping maintain the order inside the castle, you need to be careful about them, anything I know along the way I'll be telling you okay?"
"Okay"
"Annie you can stop shaking now..."
"I'm not shaking because of that"
"Then what?"
"Do you know how hard it is to be inside a small space with the person you love and not be able to do anything?"
"Annie..."
"Don't worry I know... I should be leaving now" she said before he stopped her and kissed her, it was a quick kiss but it was full of passion
"I love you too.. more than anything and that's why I'm doing all of this... my only goal now it's to keep you safe this year okay? I want to do things the right way..."
"I know... I'll see you around" she said before leaving the compartment and going back to her fitness
"Heck Annie? Where were you?" Lex said
"We thought they..." Ginny said
"Don't worry I got stuck in a compartment... but I think I heard something we all need to know..."
And with that a new year in Hogwarts began.