Chapter 18

Next day Annie stayed in bed until everyone on the dorm was gone. Including Ginny, she couldn't see her face, she felt so embarrassed, around 10:30 am she left her bed quickly go get ready. For a moment she had forget that she was supposed to meet Draco in half an hour. So she dressed quickly. The she sat next to the vanity mirror and she saw the bruise she had near her eye. She took out her concealer and powder and started working on cover it, she knew a bit about makeup, but she wasn't a professional to know how to cover that stuff. After a couple of minutes she did to herself the best she could.
She took her bag and ran out of the tower quickly. She ran to the library hoping she wouldn't see no one on the way.
When she arrived Draco was already there.
"Sorry I'm late" she said with a tired voice
"It's okay. I just got here." He said. She sat in front of him and both of them started working. It was a quiet session, but Annie could feel the glancing of Draco every once in a while. When they both finish they took the books to their place and went back to the table to pick up their things.
"Well we are done for the semester" Annie said with a smile
"Yea finally" he said without looking at her
"Well I should go" Annie said
"Have this  " Draco told her before handle a small paper to her. " you should not let anyone treat you like that" he said while glazing her eye. After that he left. Annie open the paper to read a charm follow by a small note 'this would help to make it disappear' she felt so embarrassed and shocked, when she turned to say something to him he was already gone.
The day passed quickly and the charm did worked well no one knew what happened. Later on the week she got a letter of her aunt with amazing news on it.
" so it looks I'm also spending Christmas with you guys" Annie told Ginny while they were heading to dinner
"What? Really? Omg that's amazing!!"
"Yea, my aunt got a project on Ireland that it's gonna start on mid-January, so she is coming to spend Christmas in here, apparently your mother invited us"
"That's great Annie! Finally we are gonna spend a Christmas together!" Said Ginny pretty excited. Annie smiled after seeing that her friend was so happy, earlier that week her father was attacked, she and her brothers were noticed about in the middle of the night. It was a pretty wild thing.
After dinner she took the recipe that was attached to the letter that her aunt send and she went directly to the kitchen. Every year since her fist year of school her aunt send her a cookie recipe so she could made some as a "gift" present for her classmates and professors.
Her aunt's cookies were the best. While she was cooking she started thinking about Mathew and how they had not talked all week long. Maybe it as the best. Or maybe not, she didn't know what to do about it, after all Draco was right, no one should treat her like that.
Friday came and it was the last day of class, during Arithmancy, Draco and Annie didn't talked at all. When the class was over everyone started leaving the classroom.
"So can you take the project with you over the break or I do it?" He said
"I can take it with me"she replied"hey by the way.. here take this" she said taking a bag of cookies out of her backpack
"What's this?" He said confused
"Just some Christmas cookies" she said while she looked how confused he was "Don't worry I'm not trying to say thank you or anything like that... it's just a gesture I like to give"
"I don't know what to say.."
"Don't worry you don't need to say anything" she said while taking herself to the classroom exit. "I will see you after the break"
"Yes, See you after the break" he said "hey" he said to get her attention back"Merry Christmas Annie. And thanks." That was the first time he called her by her name
"Merry Christmas to you too Draco" she said smiling before going out of the classroom.
'After only a couple of months I can see that he is not as bad as everyone thinks' she told to herself before making her way back to the dorm.
——————————-
Sorry guys for the late post but I've been a bit busy! But don't worry I'm back for good!