Chapter 43

It was finally the day of the meeting with Mcgonogall, when Annie arrived to her office, she was very nervous for some reason she didn't understand, the idea of thinking of her future was not something she thought about recently.
"So all your courses are going well miss Potter, I assume you're enjoying them"
"Yes professor I'm enjoying them"
"And what about the OWLs? Have you stated preparing for them"
"Yes I've started already"
"And what about your career after Hogwarts? Do you've anything in mind?"
"Actually no professor... I'm struggling with that, and I don't know what to do, I don't know what I'm good enough for"
"Good enough for? Miss Potter.. I should not say this. But I must admit that among the Gryffindors of your year you're the top student. And probably on the top 5 of the whole class, I don't think that judging yourself for a 'good enough' I fair..... but I know this is a decision a bit difficult to take so let's see" she said taking another look to Annie's records " for what I've noticed and heard from Professor Vector has a very good impression of you"
"I've always like numbers, since I was in muggle school"
"Same time, I can say myself about your huge ability for my class..... Professor Lupin thought the same about you back when he was teaching, and let's add that your grades in potions are quite good, not to mention you're in slughorn club... have you even thought about being a curse breaker?"
"A curse breaker?"
"Well working for Gringotts seems something you might be interested in... it's an intriguing profession, you will get your training from the bank, and it can be either an abroad or local position, I must admit that it's not an easy one to get in, but if you continue like this, and you get a good results in your owls and then on the newts, I'm sure you will get it"
"That sounds interesting I must admit... I never thought about it"
"You know what? One of the Weasley.. Bill, he is a curse breaker, and as far as I know he recently took a local position after years doing it abroad, considering you're close to the family.. maybe you could talk to him about this job"
"Yea that sounds like a Great idea"
"Then it's settle" Mcgonogall said with a smile. After a bit more of time talking about it, Annie left the office. Happy enough now that she actually had a plan.
On her way back to the common room she heard some familiar voices, and just around the corner she spotter Harry, Ron and Hermione on the same direction to the common room. She was going to intercept their conversation but before anything as heard something
"I'm not sure what you're saying is the right accusation" Hermione said
"I'm telling you. Draco has something to do with this" Harry speak
"But..." Ron said before she jumped in front the trio
"Hey guys. What you're talking about?"
"About.." Ron said before being interrupted again this time by Harry
"Nothing important"
"Well it sounded important... I can help if you want"
Harry just gave a glance to his friends to tell them they could go ahead and so they did.
"Annie... I know you wanna help but"
"But what Harry? Why every time I want to help you shut me down?"
"Because You're my family Annie and having you safe is one of my priorities, that's why"
"I'm not a kid anymore Harry. And you're not the only one trying to keep the other safe". With that Annie started waking fast to her dorm.
"Ugh!" She said as she jumped into her bed.
Not even 5 minutes after she heard a slam on the door. It was Ginny. Who was definitely crying.
"What happened?" Annie asked.
"Dean happened. We got into a fight again"  this was not shocking for Annie as recently they had been fighting a lot.
"And what was the reason this time?"
"Because I told him I need some space"
"Some space? What you mean by that?"
" you know I don't want him all romantic and close all the time, is that too much to ask?"
" well maybe he just want to get closer to you Ginny.. you've been pushing him away a bit too much lately"
"So you're taking his side?"
"I'm not taking anyone's side. I'm just saying that you shouldn't use him like this.."
"What are you talking about?"
"You know what I'm talking about, and you should stop This before someone gets hurt"
"Oh right. Just because you end up hurt everyone in a relationship will end up hurt right? Thanks for the the advice Dr. love, but I can tell you no one is going to hit m.." then she realized what she was going to say. " Annie I'm.."
"Don't. You're right it's not my business" Annie said before taking her coat and leaving the room. Living her friend behind.