Chapter 44

A couple of days after her fight with Ginny things where the same, and not only she was not in speaking mode with her but she was also not in the best terms with Harry. She spend most of her time focusing on Her studies, but in fact she was feeling lonely.
"There you are" Lex said as he found her in a corner of the castle with a book on her hand. "I've been looking for you all morning"
"Soddy I've been busy studying"
"Yea right studying" he said while sitting next to her. "You know she is sorry right?"
"I don't even know if I'm mad at her... or mad with myself." She said while closing her book and putting it down next to her " she was not wrong. I'm not the best person out there for giving love advices.."
"Hey first you were trying to be a good friend. And second you really need to stop blaming yourself for what happened. That relationship you had with him doesn't define anything about you"
"And who said I was talking about just that.."
"Is there something else that I missed?"
"Have you ever thought how some people are so good for each other, perfect match even. But the situation and time doesn't think the same?"
"Are we still talking about Ginny?"
"Yes.. let's say so"
"Well. I mean if they are really the perfect match then time will say and at some point the situation will be different.."
"Yea I guess you're right"
"I'm always right" that last comment made her laugh "well at least I made you laugh, common let's go to eat something".
When they where arriving to the great hall, Annie noticed a very worried and pale Draco  literally running out of the great hall. And not even 10 seconds after this it was Harry the one who walked out. And head the same direction.
"Wha..." Lex started talking
"I should go check on Harry... save me something?"  She said while trying to keep calm. But in her mind she knew this was not going to be a chill situation, because just as she was saying this she spotted Katie Bell standing with one of her friends in the entrance of the hall... she knew what this was all about.
As she started walking she didn't have any idea of where she was heading, or what she was even trying to do. Was she going to find Harry? Or she was trying to find Draco? Or both? How she was going to protect both of them when they were in different sides..
"Where the fuck I'm heading?" She asked herself as she Stand alone in an empty hallway, but then out of nowhere she heard a big noise coming through "the bathroom" she said to herself as she rush through the corridors down to the guys bathroom in that same floor.
And just before turning the last corner Harry came out of that direction. For a moment Annie felt relief, but that feeling didn't lasted too long, because it didn't took a lot to realize how pale and scared he looked, and just a glance was enough to see how he was covered in blood spots all around his uniform.
"Harry.. what happen?? Are you bleeding" she asked concerned and he just said no with his head "if this is not yours... who's.. who's blood is this?"
"In the bathroom, I was trying.. I... Malfoy"  and just like that Annie almost fainted there. 
"Is .. we need to find help Harry" she said
"Snape.. he is there, he healed him. I think... he send me to bring all my books.. I"
"You use one of the spells of that damn potion books right??" Annie was loosing her temper for a second. But then the face of her cousin made her realize that this was not the moment. "Ok this is what you're going to do, you're going to your room. Take all your books, and ask Ron for his potion book... don't bring yours. Then you're going with snape and do whatever he says okay?"
"Annie I ..."
"I know. Just do that, go" she said leading him to the right direction. She didn't even wait till he was out of the picture to rush to the bathroom, she need to see him, she didn't care of anything else but to see he was okay. When she arrived she realize she wasn't the only one who heard the noise. As some other students where outside the bathroom waiting. 5 minutes later (that were like 1 hour in Annie's mind) snape came out, followed by madam pomfrey and 2 Slytherin students who where carrying a fainted Draco.
"Everyone back to your own business" Snape yelled before parting his own way, she knew that he was probably heading to his office where he was going to interrogate Harry.
As all the students started going their own way, she decided to enter to see the scene, and it was worse than she thought, it was obvious that there was a fight between both of them.
Then she spotted Draco's sweater right on the middle of the bathroom, she took it and dry it with a spelled. After admiring it for a bit she decided this was going to be her key to see how he was and she headed directly to the hospital wing.
"Miss Potter, are you okay?" Madame Pomfrey asked as she saw the girl.
"Yess I am perfectly fine.. I just.. found this next to the bathroom, I think is Malfoy's.. I thought I should bring it here as I don't really know any of his friends to give to them"
"Oh that's very kind of you sweetheart, I'll give it to him"
"How's he by the way? He didn't look really good.."
"He is going to be okay... talking about that, I really don't want to ask this but, I've him and a 1 year student right now, and Dumbledore asked for me, I guess he want to talk about the incident.. would it be a lot if you could stay here for 15 minutes while I get back.. if it's a lot to ask I can.."
"No no there's no problem, I can stay as long as you need"
"Thanks sweetheart, they are both asleep so they won't bother you.. I will be right back" she said with a smile and left the room.
Annie took a deep breath and entered the room, she needed to see him with her own eyes. She walked slowly and quiet, she saw the first year student deeply asleep and not too many beds later there he was... he looked so bad but at the same time he was sleeping peacefully.
She placed herself next to him, and with a prior double check in case someone was watching she placed her Hand next to his. She couldn't resist and she starting sobbing
"Annie.. are you" Draco surprisingly started mumbling
"Shhh shh you don't have to talk. Just rest, I'm here... and you're going to be okay"
"You.. you came to see me?"
"Of course I came idiot.... I needed to see how you were"
"Probably not in my best aspect..."
"But you're going to be, you need to rest and do everything that madame Pomfrey tells you to do, is that clear?"
"I don't know.. Maybe if I'm gone it's the best for..."
"Don't. Stop right there and never repeat that in your fucking life. You're going to get out of this. And out of everything else, and you and I have a promise with each other after that... and we are both going to respect that." She said starting to cry "I'm not going to let you go that easily, okay?"
"Okay but please don't cry... that's the last thing I want"
"Then it's a deal... I should go out before Pomfrey comes back.. you need to rest, I'll try to come back in another moment okay?"
"You make it hard for me to not love you Potter..." that was the last thing Draco said before closing his eyes once again.