Chapter 6-10

Chapter 743: The Story of Ling and Heng (6)

Towards noon, she gradually regained her strength and sat up in bed.

When she stayed with those gangsters, she was still little. Her body hadn't yet developed, so she didnt take her gender seriously.

She had very little contact with people this year, and she was used to wearing loose clothes, so she didnt pay much attention to her body.

But what happened last night made her a lot more alert. She got up, searched around the room and in the end found a piece of soft clothing she hadnt worn in a long time. Then she took out a dagger that she had hidden under the mattress for a long time and cut the clothes into a long strip about four or five centimeters wide. Then she took off her clothes, stood in front of the mirror, and wrapped the strip around her body as a breast cloth.

She didnt put her clothes back on until she was sure that her growing breasts were no longer clearly defined after being wrapped by the cloth.

Because of the breast wrapping cloth, the boy in the mirror looked stronger than usual and his figure didnt look that thin. She then glanced at the clear red mark extending from the back of her ear to the clavicle and an angry gleam flickered across her eyes.

The man in the sauna room last night only played defense after he found out she was a girl, but before that, his attack was really quick and harsh and he almost took her by the neck. If he really wanted to do something to her, she wouldnt have been able to escape last night.

Looking at the red mark left by that man, Feng Ling coldly lifted up the collar to hide the mark.

Meanwhile, there seemed to be many footsteps approaching outside.

Feng Ling paused and turned her eyes to the shut door.

Outside the door, Nanhengs casual glance swept over the small, shabby old building behind the orphanage.

Director Lin hurriedly explained, This building was built more than 30 years ago when the orphanage was established. It has existed for 30 years, so it looks a little shabby. There were many children living here before, but now the children have moved into the new building. Its just for clutter now. Its dirty and messy, so hardly anyone comes here.

Nanhengs eyes fell on the doors of the old building, and he saw that the paths of bluestone outside the doors were covered with moss. It was true that no one had been inside for a long time, but there was no moss on the path nearest the main road, and it was evident that people were walking there every day

He only glanced at the door and stopped.

Director Lin was surprised. Did Boss Li find out about something?

=

She had never regretted so much that she had agreed to let the police send Feng Ling to the orphanage. Although if Feng Ling behaved himself and didnt cause trouble, even if Boss Li found his existence, it would be fine. But she had promised in the morning, all the children were present. If Boss Li thought she was deliberately hiding someone from him, she would be in serious trouble!

Suddenly, the people saw Li Nanheng walk toward that door. His dignified and handsome face was expressionless and gave people an uneasy sense of oppression.

Feng Ling was already standing in the door and faintly heard footsteps approaching, separated only by the door.

Nanheng stood at the door, bent over to look at the bare bluish path before it, and said coldly,

"Its for clutter? How long has it been since anyone went in? Isnt this the kind of place most likely to produce all kinds of insect ants and unknown microbes? What if theres something you don't even know about that lives in there? Don't scare the kids."