Chapter 61-65

Chapter 798: The Story of Ling and Heng (61)

Li Nanheng said, "Since Mrs. Feng is so kind, if I still refuse, it will be rude of me, but we can't go back to the base too late and can't stay for too long. So it may be a bit haste if we have dinner together today."

"It's okay. It won't take you much time. Let's just eat something nearby. My mother is tired and also wants to thank the little brother who helped her take the bag back. Qin Qiu smiled and then looked at Feng Ling who remained deadpan. "Little brother, let's have dinner together."

Since Boss Li had already agreed, Feng Ling certainly had no reason to refuse.

She nodded silently without saying anything.

The old woman had been looking at Feng Ling's face and seemed to have something to say. This boy really looked like Qin Qiu when she was young.

When Qin Qiu's second daughter was born, everyone said that her eldest daughter, Feng Mingzhu, was like her father, while the second daughter was like her mother.

How could there be two people in the world who look so alike?

But the child's age was not right, nor was his sex... he couldn't be her granddaughter.

The old woman didn't dare to say much, but she couldn't hide her excitement when she saw the child in front of her.

They briefly explained to the police about what happened and left the police station.

Since the old woman was old and couldn't walk too far and there were a few good restaurants nearby, they simply went to a Michelin restaurant nearby.

After sitting down, Mrs. Feng answered a call and her eyes fell on Feng Ling's face again. She looked at her with a smile. "Little brother, just order whatever you want to eat. Don't be too polite."

Feng Ling didn't smile. She hadn't experienced such an occasion of sitting with strangers for dinner. She just nodded to Mrs. Feng and said lightly, "Thank you. I don't need to eat much."

"Lad, you don't have to be so polite to me. You helped us get the bag back that contains something as important as my life to me. Such a meal is not enough to express my gratitude to you. Do not be polite to us." The old woman also smiled and talked, looking at Feng Ling tenderly and lovingly, and then she sighed and said, "Alas, I find you're quite congenial to me. I was very fond of you at the first sight of you. But how old are you? Why did you enter XI Base such a young age? Although I know that many people tried to be admitted but failed, I guess it must be very hard."

"Is it hard?" Nanheng suddenly asked Feng Ling meaningfully at this moment and his voice was very light.

Feng Ling. "It's not hard. Life at the base is very suitable for me. Everyone has a life they like. At least I am very satisfied with my life now."

Hearing such an answer, Nanheng remained deadpan but slightly curved the corners of his lips.

A waiter of the restaurant came over to take their order, but Nanheng was not interested in ordering food. Mrs. Feng and the old lady also insisted on Feng Ling ordering first. Feng Ling chose two light vegetarian dishes on the menu and then placed the menu in front of Mrs. Feng and the old lady.

Seeing the two dishes ordered by Feng Ling, the old lady smiled and said, "Qin Qiu, just like you, this kid also likes to eat light vegetarian food."

"Yes." Qin Qiu knew what her mother meant.

This boy was really congenial to them, he not only looked like her, but he also had a similar taste.