Chapter 36-40

Chapter 773: The Story of Ling and Heng (36)

Nanheng was looking at her and his eyes were like a deep ancient well, indifferent, noble, yet placid and persistent.

He behaved as if she was not satisfied with the newly-made dishes, the canteen manager would have to continue to remake new ones. Otherwise, he would lose his job.

Feng Ling paused for a moment. When she noticed the expectations in the canteen manager's eyes, she lowered her head to eat.

After taking a few bites, she put down the tableware and raised her eyes, only to see that Nanheng was still looking at her.

"What about the taste?"

"... It's delicious."

"Are you sure it's delicious?"

"En."

"Then will you still give your food to someone else?"

Feng Ling: "..."

K:"..."

Everyone else. "..."

Han Jin and Xiao Xu stood silently aside and determined in their hearts that they would never mess with Feng Ling.

When did Boss treat anyone like this?

"Boss, Feng Ling doesn't eat much at night. He usually eats a lot in the morning and noon. He said that eating too much at night is not good for digestion, especially meat dishes, so he didn't eat much in the evening. I eat more than he does, so he gave the drumstick to me." K's desire to survive told him that he had to explain it and must not let Boss think that there was an affair between him and Feng Ling. Otherwise, he would be finished.

Feng Ling had no idea what he did wrong at all to make Li Nanheng pick on her like this.

Yes, in her eyes, he was picking on her.

The explanation of K made Li Nanheng's eyes even colder. K instantly raised his hand and made a zipper-up action over his mouth, meaning that he would shut up.

Nanheng coldly withdrew his stare but the atmosphere remained freezing, so no one dared to say a word.

They could only watch Feng Ling eat.

If Boss was dissatisfied with the meals in the canteen of the base, he could order his men to come and tell the canteen manager. There was no need for him to come in person, but now he did... and even watched Feng Ling eat on the spot, waiting for his opinion.

Having his fate in the hands of Boss and Feng Ling, the canteen manager gradually sweated on the forehead.

In the end, Feng Ling finally said, "It's delicious. Although the taste is much lighter, the other ingredients taste very good. The flavor is very strong and it is not greasy."

After hearing these words, the canteen manager was finally relieved.

Nanheng raised an eyebrow when he heard the words, but his eyes remained cold. "Eat them up. If you're afraid that you can't digest them at night, do a two-hour special training at night. Then you don't have to worry about digestion."

Feng Ling: "..."

...

Due to the return of Boss Li after two and a half years, the base had become lively again.

They arranged a dinner party to celebrate his return, and even the old members of the base who barely went out all year round would attend the party.