Chapter 521-525

Chapter 1258: The Story of Ling and Heng (521)

Feng Ling carried Qin Qiu and ran out.

The moment XI Base's rescue team rushed over, she saw that they had come. Her legs gave way and she stumbled, almost kneeling on the ground.

The rescue team member rushed forward to support her. "Feng Ling!"

They hadn't seen each other for several months, but they didn't ask anything. As they helped her up, they quickly picked up the unconscious Qin Qiu. "The smoke inside is so thick. Why did you and Boss take off the mask?"

"I'm fine." Earlier, Li Nanheng had put it on her again, but she didn't put it on because she was in a hurry. She still inhaled some smoke. She gasped in discomfort and glanced at them. Then she looked at Qin Qiu, who had been quickly helped into the helicopter. She turned around and saw that Mr. Feng had also been sent into the helicopter by Li Nanheng.

At this time, the group of people from the fire brigade also rushed over to cooperate. After confirming that there was no one else in the jungle, they began to perform emergency rescue work.

But the fire was too big. It was not easy to put out the fire.

This matter was not under the management of XI Base. Right now, the most important thing is to save people's lives.

After receiving Boss Li's instructions, the members of XI Base took the two old people in the fire truck into another helicopter. Without any delay, they drove the helicopter to the hospital.

Feng Ling got into Li Nanheng's helicopter. Mrs. Feng and Mr. Feng were both unconscious on the plane. Their faces were messy. She didn't dare to check their breaths, but when she carried Qin Qiu out, she didn't seem to sense Qin Qiu's breath.

Such a thick smoke.

Such a situation could not be explained by external injuries or internal injuries. In such a large fire and such with such thick smoke, even a short five minutes was enough to be fatal. Earlier, when she came out carrying someone on her back, she tried her best to adjust her breathing to prevent herself from choking on the smoke, but right now, her lungs were hurting terribly, and there seemed to be countless needles pricking her throat.

If it was just a wound that could bleed, then everything would be fine. There might still be a lot of life left in the emergency room.

But in this situation.

She watched as the couple lay there silently. She watched as the base doctor, who had rushed over with them, lifted their eyelids to check on them. Seeing the base doctor's furrowed brows, her heart sank.

She suddenly felt a weight on her hand. Li Nanheng had already taken off his jacket. He sat by her side and held her hand tightly.

"Don't worry." The man's voice was slightly hoarse from the smoke, but his condition was much better than hers. Looking at her like this, the heartache and worry in his eyes were more than half, and the other half was the calmness and composure he had to maintain in this situation.

Feng Ling didn't say anything. She didn't know how pale she was.

Last night, she had some gastric problems. Although the nausea was gone, the discomfort in her stomach was still there. After the stimulation and torture earlier, she now felt as if her entire stomach had been turned over. Looking at Qin Qiu and Mr. Feng lying there motionless and not making any sound, her heart also turned over.

It was as though her internal organs were hurting.

But in the end, she did not say anything. She only undid the zipper of her jacket with one hand and let out a long breath. She took off the jacket that had completely wrapped around her and threw it aside. Her shoulder-length hair was drenched in sweat and stuck to her cheeks and neck. Her body was also covered in sweat.