Chapter 346-350

Chapter 1083: The Story of Ling and Heng (346)

Xiao Ba instantly fell into despair. "If you really can't, just one signature alone will do. You're so familiar with Boss Nanheng. Can you get his signature..."

Feng Ling recalled the struggles she previously went through to get his signature; her expression instantly darkened: "No."

Xiao Ba tugged on her sleeves gently: "Dear Feng Ling..."

Feng Ling stared speechlessly at the little fangirl's expression. She raised her hand to avoid her touch. "Impossible."

Xiao Ba saw that Feng Ling was firm and unlikely to give in. She sighed. "You see, I follow by Mrs. Mo's side every day, but I've never met the great Mr. Mo even once! Even when I get to see him, I barely manage to catch a glance! It's like when you finally manage to catch a glimpse of the god you worship, but because your vision is poor, you can't see anything. How regretful is that! I just want a few autographs, ahhh!"

"After working with Mrs. Mo for long enough, you'll eventually get to see him. It's just that Mr. Mo rarely visits the studio here and Mrs. Mo is too busy right now. She doesn't have the time to bring you to the Mo Corporation. If you want to see him, I can bring you along when I visit Mo Corporation?"

Xiao Ba stared in surprise before she abruptly embraced Feng Ling's arm tightly. "Aiya, you're not as cold-hearted and indifferent as you seem! Look, you even said you'll bring me to Mo Corporation. This means that you've already begun treating me like a friend, right!"

Feng Ling stared silently at the girl who had suddenly leaned close to hold her elbow. It took her a long time to suppress the urge to push her away.

She needed to work on her bad habit of refusing other people's touch.

"I don't have to meet them in person. To me, these people are all akin to gods! An autograph alone will do! Besides, Mr. Mo is CEO Ji's husband, ah! Just by following CEO Ji every day, I get a taste of his divine energy~" Xiao Ba then whispered secretively: "But Doctor Qin and Boss Nanheng are completely different ah. I typically don't get to see them at all!"

Feng Ling pursed her lips and answered mildly: "I rarely get to see them as well."

Xiao Ba did not understand the XI Base well, but she knew that Feng Ling rarely ever mentioned Nanheng. She also didn't seem interested in bringing him up. Thus, she easily believed in her words. "Could it be that, even when you were in the XI Base, you couldn't get to meet Boss Nanheng?"

Feng Ling's expression did not change: "He is the boss of the entire base. I'm just a member receiving training. How could I have the opportunity to see him?"

"...All right then." Xiao Ba believed her.

——-

On the plane headed toward Hai City from Los Angeles.

Li Nanheng held a stack of papers from the DNA investigation; he was the only person who had seen these papers.

The man's fingers gently shifted across the black leather pouch where the papers were stored. The curve of his lips was meaningful and unfathomable.

If he had known that life had already planned for the things meant for him, he would have long married his little wife and brought her home.

She was unwilling to return to the Feng family and unwilling to face her birth head-on.

That was fine.

But there was no way for her to run away from the fact that, regardless of it all, she was fated to be his woman.