Chapter 146-150

Chapter 883: The Story of Ling and Heng (146)

"Will that be enough?" She did not trust him.

Li Nanheng glanced at her coldly from the side: "It's my wrist. Would I possibly continue enduring the pain for no good reason? Do as I say. Why do you have so much to ask?"

Feng Ling: "Oh."

That was also true; he wouldn't possibly allow his wrist to become crippled.

She rushed to retrieve a hot towel before looking for Da Bin to borrow his self-heating knee pad.

Surprisingly, that knee pad became hot in her hands. Feng Ling studied it for a while before she realized there was a secret compartment for batteries. No wonder it could heat up on its own.

After bringing it back, she wrapped the towel around Li Nanheng's wrist and placed the knee pad on top of it, making sure that it provided a suitable amount of heat. She wrapped it tightly so that it was not only a warm compress, but it fixed his wrist and prevented him from making movements that could lead to further injuries.

—-

Li Nanheng's wrist injury wasn't light. Fattie, as well, although he managed to keep his life, caught a serious cold. He was stuck in bed all day with a fever and a serious cough. As a result, the people in both tents were especially busy. During meal times, they had to help each other to cook. They wracked their brains to cook porridge and other light-tasting food.

Li Nanheng wasn't as needy as Fattie; it was his left hand that was injured. However, whenever it was time to eat, Feng Ling would take the initiative to approach him. She would either hand him a spoon so he could have an easier time eating, or place the dishes on his bowl so he wouldn't have to move much.

Initially, Li Nanheng refused her help. However, after he grew comfortable, he gave up even using the spoon and waited for her to feed him.

Feng Ling saw that he really could not move his wrist due to the pain. Although she felt that it was slightly inappropriate, she still fed him. She told herself to treat him like a twenty-plus years old child. Since he wanted her to feed him, she would just feed him.

This back and forth happened over and over again. Eventually, Li Nanheng made her help even by removing his coat. Through the day, aside from when he needed the bathroom, he made Feng Ling help him with almost everything.

It was evening again. Last night, Li Nanheng did not shower due to his injury. He would not be able to shower yet today.

Feng Ling visited the other tent to check on Fattie. His fever had already reduced, but he was still weak. After soaking in the cold water for so long and suffering a terrible fright, it was likely that his illness would take a while to recover. The other brothers were staying by his side regardless of day and night to watch over him. After confirming that there weren't any problems, Feng Ling finally returned to her tent.

The moment she returned, she saw that Li Nanheng had taken off his outwear and entered the shower room with only a T-shirt.

Feng Ling stared at his back in suspicion and called: "Boss, what are you doing in the shower room? You can't shower right now."

"I can't even wash my hair?"

Li Nanheng always had mysophobia. He could resist taking a shower for a day or two, but he really could not adjust to not even washing his hair.

Feng Ling followed him over and stood by the shower room door. She watched as he buried his head in the sink and turned the tap with one hand. He then began scooping the water to pour over his head.