Chapter 436-440

Chapter 1173: The Story of Ling and Heng (436)

Furthermore, Feng Ling was also not mentally prepared to face the truth behind her birth.

Qin Qiu's gaze clung onto Feng Ling stubbornly. Regardless of how slow Feng Ling was when it came to emotions, she still understood the agitation in Qin Qiu's eyes.

Feng Ling averted her gaze and pretended she did not see anything. She then turned to head out.

"Wait!" When Qin Qiu saw her leaving, her voice was agitated and sharp in a way it had never been in the past ten years. She directly tossed the coat aside into the employee's arms and rushed over. Right before Feng Ling could step out, she directly caught her arm.

"Child, wait, don't leave yet." Qin Qiu held onto her. Despite being ill and having caught a cold, despite how weak her body was at this moment, her body seemed to be thrumming with energy. She even managed to pull Feng Ling back with too much force, causing Feng Ling to halt in her steps despite her years of training. She held onto both of Feng Ling's arms and stood right before her. She took in the sight of her face, and her now shoulder-length hair. She then lowered her head to process the silhouette that could only belong to a woman.

Madam Feng suddenly scanned her from head to toe. Feng Ling stood in her position and watched the somewhat agitated woman. From the beginning, she had never considered looking deeply into her birth, or even recogniZing anyone as her family. Yet, at this moment, her heartfelt strangely as though it had been gripped painfully.

Even though she could expressionlessly push this person aside and excuse herself, even though she could avoid any conversation with her, when she saw the woman's expression and felt the painful grip against her arms, she could only swallow back the words she was about to say.

"Child..." The more Qin Qiu took her in, the redder her eyes became. Her voice shook: "You're Feng Ling, aren't you... the Feng Ling from XI Base... the Feng Ling that I met years ago... that was you, wasn't it?"

Only a few years had passed since then, and the youth had matured this much. She was just as delicately beautiful as she remembered, but had grown taller. She was no longer an inexperienced teenager, but a tall and beautiful young lady.

A short-haired, beautiful young lady with a cool temperament.

Feng Ling's arm throbbed with pain from her grip, yet she could barely feel it. She met Madam Feng's emotional gaze and composed herself before answering: "Yes."

Qin Qiu's tears were about to escape.

Back then, her mother and she had unintentionally heard from Feng Mingzhu that Feng Ling was a girl... she had dressed as a boy to remain in the XI Base...

Back then, upon receiving the news, her heart had trembled. Her mind had lingered on the child named Feng Ling. The reticent and somewhat cold boy who was a girl.

However, she had recalled this young lady's age was one year apart from her child. Besides, the world was such a big place. How could there be such a coincidence?

Afterward, she never had an opportunity to see Feng Ling again. Although her heart lingered on her and held onto her suspicions, she could not confirm anything.

But today, she met her!

And in this short moment, despite her doubts about Feng Ling's age, Qin Qiu keenly saw the silhouette of her own younger self in this child. She also saw the image of her husband's younger self. The sense of familiarity and resemblance she felt from Feng Ling's every action and expression was one that only a family member could notice!