Chapter 281-285

Chapter 1018: The Story of Ling and Heng (281)

Feng Ling's voice was thick from her cold. "You place too much importance on yourself. Why would I skip work just to avoid you? As someone who has never taken a day off, does that seem like something I would do?"

"That's why I specially asked the coach for your address. I came to visit you." Chen Beiqing was not affected by her straightforwardness. He smiled and raised the ginger tea he had bought. "Drink some ginger tea if you've caught a cold. Previously, back at home, whenever I caught a serious cold, my aunt would force me to drink this. Although it tastes extremely bad, it's very effective against colds."

Feng Ling glanced at it and lifted her hand to receive it. "Alright, thanks. I'll accept the ginger tea. You can leave now."

Chen Beiqing did not consider stepping into her place but upon hearing her meaning-laden words, he lifted his brows. "Why? Will I eat you up? In the first place, there's no way I can win you in a fight. What are you afraid of?"

"I'm not afraid of anything. I'm a coach and you're a student. The boundaries that need to be respected still have to be maintained," Feng Ling said calmly. "Are there any other matters? If not, I'll close my door now."

Chen Beiqing looked at her: "Have you eaten anything in the past two days?"

"Yes," Feng Ling lied.

Her complexion was quite poor, but since she was already sick, he couldn't tell if she had eaten. He saw that she did not want to invite him in and nodded his head. "All right then. This is the first time you've accepted something from me in the past year. Even if it's just a bowl of ginger tea from a nearby restaurant, you still accepted it. I'll work harder from here on. One day, you'll grow to like me."

Feng Ling: "You're thinking too much..."

"Rest well. I'm heading off now." Chen Beiqing gave her a toothy grin and waved to her before turning towards the elevator.

After he entered the elevator, Feng Ling was about to shut the door when the next-door neighbor suddenly opened their door. It was the household that had been doing some renovation work recently. She did not plan on being a busybody about what was happening next door, but something caught her attention from the corner of her eyes. She abruptly paused in her footsteps and spun around with wide eyes.

Li Nanheng stood by the door. He held the handle with one hand and his coat with another, and it seemed like he was preparing to head out. His gaze lingered on the ginger tea she was holding in her arms: "You caught a cold?"

Feng Ling stared at him in disbelief before shifting her gaze onto his apartment door. She recalled him mentioning that there was renovation work being done next door, and had heard the drilling noises immediately after.

Feng Ling: "..."

She had never seen her next-door neighbor and only vaguely knew it was an elderly lady. Could it be that, within a few days, the house had changed owners? Or did Li Nanheng rent the place from the owner?

Otherwise, he would never appear here. It was clear he had been living here for the past two days. They were only separated by a single wall and he had never left!

Was the renovation work that day done by him?

As Li Nanheng approached, Feng Ling finally returned to herself. She stared at him. "Why are you living here?"

"What do you think? I've been searching for you for two years. I can't possibly let you disappear again." Li Nanheng reached out and took the ginger tea from her. "You've been using the skills I taught you to evade me for the past two years. You've gotten so good at using my methods against me. Aside from guarding the place closest to you, what else can I do?"