Chapter Twenty-Six

"Julia- let me explain-" Lysander started.

No.

"There's nothing to explain." I said coldly, not meeting his eyes, which wear pleading me to hear him out. I wanted to, but when I left, he just... shut me out.

He never told me about his girlfriend.

He never told me what was happening in his life when I shared everything with him.

And he already planned to leave.

I guess I should've seen it coming - him being tense, and he never was the same after I left.

But he still should've told me, and if he did, I wouldn't be sitting here on a hospital bed with my arms crossed with Lysander shaking me and begging for me to listen to him.

"One minute, Lysander. You have one minute. After that, kindly scooch your smelly self out of here." Anger seeped into my words, but what was most noticeable was the sadness.

I use sarcasm too much now that I don't even know if I'm kidding or not.

"It's a college thing. I thought I'd be fine going because you were gone too, and I was planning to tell you tomorrow-" Lysander got cut off by Greyson, who walked in.

"Actually, you told me you planned on letting her know the day you were leaving," Greyson said.

"Not helping, bro," Lysander glared at Greyson. "And I only have one minute! Now shush."

"And I thought I'd be fine because you were gon-" Greyson cut Lysander off again.

"You've already said that bud," Greyson said.

"Bruh," Lysander groaned, "I'm trying to save time! Your interruptions aren't nice, okay? Now please kindly shut up before I rip your throat out and you don't even have the power to talk anymore."

"Well, I saved you time by telling you that you've already said that so you don't say it again so therefore I saved you time. You're welcome." Greyson smiled and didn't know that I was mad and all that awesome jazz.

"Ten seconds and you're out, Spooner." I warned.

"Julia. Let me explain. Please." Lysander pleaded. "Please."

I know I should've been more kind, but I told him when I was leaving.

He didn't.

"Five. Four. Three. Two-" I was cut off by Lysander, who was running his hands through his hair.

"Julia." He said, shaking my shoulders so I could only focus on the desperate look on his face, and it was quite heartbreaking.

Then I saw why I was so mad. I had a FREAKING crush on Lysander.

Nah, it couldn't be. Being a teenager and a senior in high school was enough! I have no idea who came up with the idea of having a boyfriend added to that! And he had a girlfriend anyway.

I guess I was just kind of jealous he had a girlfriend. But I wouldn't admit it, because I was too stubborn.

Nah. I'm joking... at least I hope I am. I don't want to be stuck with a crush on a guy with a girlfriend. And she could just claw my eyes out with her ridiculously long nails, too,

"My dad moved to Brazil. He left. Abandoned me. Like I did with you. Because I couldn't stand you bearing the pain I had to cope with. That my mom died and my dad was crappy." He looked away, afraid of my reaction.

I didn't say a word even though he lied straight to my face. And when he turned back, I had tears streaming down my face. "I'm so sorry," I cried, "I had no idea."