Chapter one

Chapter 1

Everyone has that person. A person to talk to, a person to lean on, to protect and have your back. But imagine that person is gone and you're left all alone in this cruel world. How will you survive?

I didn't. At least the young innocent person I was didn't. The sound of the bell got me out of my thoughts. I turned around to look at who just walked into the coffee shop but couldn't see clearly since the customer still didn't reach my viewpoint

" Shara you take that one. Then you can go home." Said the owner of the coffee shop. Making my way to the new customer I pulled out a pen and a notepad, put a smile on my face " good evening. Welcome to blue boss coffee I will be your waiter for today. " taking a go look at the customer it was a blonde girl with green eyes. " I will have an iced coffee with milk," she said " would that be all?" I asked. She nodded " okay that would be 7$," I said

..........

I was finally done with my work I went back to the locker to put my apron back and take my school backpack. I walked down the street looking for a civil registry. I really want to find out about my family. My real family.

I live in the bad part of a small town with Oliver and William. I used to live on the other side of the town, the middle-class side. It felt like 6 months ago. I opened the door that led me to the civil registry building.

I walked in with all the confidence I could find in myself and approached the desk. I tried to speak as loud as I could " good evening. I was wondering if I could get some information about my family. I got all the papers that are needed" even though I tried to speak loud my voice was barely above a whisper and that was because of my anxiety.

I looked up and found an old woman with black hair and with a few strands of white and glasses. She looked at me and a smile appeared on her face causing me to return it. She took the paper from me and took a look at it. " I need your ID" pulling my ID and outing my backpack I gave it to her.

" sweetheart you're not eighteen yet. You're going to need to get the approval of your guardian," she said. I knew this would have happened so I gave her a paper and said " my stepfather was met to come with me today but he got an unexpected meeting at work but he told me to give this" I handed her the paper.

I hope this works. I never told my guardian that I would come here the only person that knows is William. I wrote that Oliver couldn't make it today but he wanted to keep his promise on taking me so he signed his approval in the paper.

"Give me a minute dear. I will go grab the papers" she told me before she left. I let out a sigh of relief. Happy that my plan worked. I made a promise to myself that I would one day get out of this town and try to find my family with the hope that they would take me in because that is all that I have left it's the only thing keeping me going.

She came back holding a file she handed it to me " thank you. Hope you have a good night " I said, "no problem bear. Good night ". I wanted to know everything I can and as fast as possible.

I walked to the nearest park and sat on the bench. In my hand, I was holding the thing that might lead me to my parents. My family. The real question is would they take me in if I found them? Do I have a sister or a brother? I put those thoughts out of my head for now and I started reading.

Sullivan family

Jacob Sullivan: Jacob was born in 1970. Hassan son. Xavier  Mr. Sullivan married Emma Kingston in 1994. Mr. Sullivan left Dormitory town in 1996. Declared dead on August 18, 2020.

Emma Sullivan: born in 1973. Left Dormitory town in 1996 after giving birth to a 2-year-old son (Xavier ). Suddenly Disappear in 2008 September 7 (was never found). Declared dead 4 years after in 2012.

Xavier Sullivan: 25 years old. Has a successful company ( the Sullivan) and lives in Montana along with his brother whom he has custody of.

That was all the info that was written on the paper. There was nothing else about the rest of the brothers. I guess that is because they never got a chance to live here. The other paper had more info about where they live and their phone numbers.

I have been looking at Xavier's number for the past 10 minutes. should I call him now it's 8:42 what if it's late? I noticed that I forgot to take my meds I was meant to take two different types of meds at 8:00 pm and 6:00 am. After I took my meds questions started to appear in my head.

Do I even want to call? Do they know I exist and if so will my brother take me in? What if they end up thinking I am after their money? Well, then they can do a DNA test that would prove I am his sister.

I walked back home thinking about all the possible outcomes. If I call him I may have what I wanted ever since I was a kid but what if I get rejected? Okay, think about it that way what is holding me back? Fear. I always said that all that fear does is hold you back and would only make you live the dream of the thing you wanted to do but didn't because of fear.

Opening the door to the house I live in, I heard someone running down the stairs. "Did it work did you get the papers" William came running. Looking at him you would think he is happier about this than I am.

" I did but I am not going to call them today, "I said

" Wha- why? Ever since I meet you you have been looking for a way to find them and this is your chance" he said

" I know but I said I won't call today not never. I will call first thing in the morning".

"Is it really about time or are you scared? "he asked. I didn't answer and I think that gave him the idea of the truth.

He put his hand on my shoulder to reassure me "look if you're scared. You shouldn't be it's your family. I bet they regret the day they gave you up. you are an amazing girl why would they just wake up one day and be like " hey, you know what I don't want her anymore "I mean you can be a bit annoying, loud, and annoying but who cares you are still the Skyler. My bestie " At the end of the speech he managed to make me crack a smile.

He stopped smiling and said " oh and I bought you this. I am sorry for what my father did if I coul-"  I cut him off " it's alright I know you don't approve of what happened last night.  I am going to bed good night "I took the bag from him.

He let out a sigh. I made my way upstairs our house wasn't big it has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. It wasn't really in its best shape.

I opened the door to my room and walked in. Going through my clothes I pulled out a hoodie and sweatpants. I took off my jacket and then my shirt. It wasn't that much of an easy task because of my ribs which I think were broken and a shoulder that I guess isn't even in its rightful place it was a painful task.

I stopped for a second and looked at myself in the mirror. My stomach was full of different colors a mix of blue, green, and yellow. My shoulder looks out of space. I took a look at my face. My eyes were dull and full of darkness. I had black hair and brown eyes, a pink tint on my cheek, and long lashes.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down but regretted it immediately after I felt the pain in my chest. It wasn't that easy to breathe with injured ribs. I took the bag that William gave me I pulled out cream and painkillers. I went to sleep after applying it and taking more pills. 

......
𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝.