Chapter three

He hung up.

He hung up.

He hung up the phone

" hey. Sky" Will said try to get my attention. " it's alright he is probably going to call again. He was just shocked. Right? Look, even if he doesn't want you it doesn't matter. You will find a family I promise. I will always be here for you and you know that."

He came and hugged me he knowing that I needed it. He kissed my forehead before saying " it's going to be okay. I promise. "Tears stain my eyes but I wouldn't let them out. Will left after the huge. He knew I wanted to cry but I don't cry in front of people. I don't know why. I haven't cried in front of anyone since grade four. Other wise I would have an emotionless face if there were people.

I still can't believe this happened. Xavier hung up. He didn't want me did he?Will is just saying that to get my hopes up. But come on no one ever wanted me. Everyone left first my family then everyone followed even my friend. He left too.

Look at me. Who would ever want anyone like me. I always end up disappointed people. I looked towards the mirror in my room. I could see few tears leaked out of my eyes. In a matter of a second my face turned from a sad one to emotionless.

I just shut my emotions out as if nothing ever happened. I walked to the mirror staring in my own dull eyes. My eyes glanced over the chain that was around my neck. Warrior. It was  engraved on it the word warrior.

I held the necklace I pulled but it didn't break. I was going to pull harder but something stopped me. This necklace always gave me hope in my darkest moments. It was the only thing I had left.

I went back to bed and slept for the night. I don't care anymore it doesn't matter.

Nothing does.

...............................
Xavier POV. (before the phone
call)

It's been a long day but the night it still young and I still have a ton of paper work I need to start on. Sighing I went straight to my office. The one I had in my house. I couldn't stand staying in the company another minute.

I sat behind my desk and started working. It was all so boring and frustrating. I heard my phone ringing but ignored it. I was busy right now I didn't have time.

But what if it was important. It may be someone warning me of upcoming danger. I pick my phone up and called that person again.

Someone answered but no one was talking I can hear some movement from the other said of the phone but no one talked.

" this is Xavier speaking. who's this?" I started talking trying to get the people on the side to say something. I was losing my patients. I wasn't really a patient man and this wasn't the right time to call me.

" uhhmm..... i-it's ummm" I heard a female voice from the other said of the phone. It sounded awfully familiar.

After few seconds the voice got replaced with a boy's voice " this is William. There has been a matter that I would have wanted to discuss with you "

" go on I don't have long. " I said. I was feeling some kind of longing to the female voice wanting to hear it again but I didn't let any emotion to leak out of my voice.

" well my friend here has been looking for her family for the passed few years and yesterday she got information that you maybe related. Her name is Skyler Sullivan"  Will explain

I hung up. I panicked I didn't know what to do. Is this really her?  was that the girl on the phone? Is that why she sounded familiar.

No it can't be sky is gone. But no one knew about her. We kept her a secret. Then how did this boy knows her name not even the closest people do. Only family knew she ever existed.

For the first time in a long time I didn't know what to do. I wanted my sister back but I don't want to be fooled. I don't want to give the boys false hope. But what if it was her. then I would have lost my chances to get her back and I don't want to risk it. I decided to sleep on it for tonight.

.............

The next morning I woke I headed directly to the office having an idea of what I was going to do.

I called Vincent to my office. Vincent  is my younger brother. He is also a doctor and my second in command. I heard someone knocked on the door. " come in " I said. As expected Vincent walk through the office door and sat down in front of me.

" Good morning" Vincent greeted

" I received a call yesterday it was about Skylar. " I said going directly in to business.

" our sister " he asked surprised. We don't really talk about her a lot in this house especially after she was declared dead.

" yes. The person said that she is alive and looking for us I didn't want to take a risk. It could  be her."I said. 

My phone started ringing. I looked at the phone and it was the same number that called me to tell me about sky. I answered the phone and put it on speaker.

" hello this is Mr. Sullivan right" I heard from the other end of the phone

"Yes"

" okay so umm...  look there is a high chance that she maybe younger sister please. please try to consider taking her in it's not safe for her  here" I could hear him almost begging me. I could tell that this guy really cares for her.

"Why to you think that she is my sister?" I questioned.

" she has that necklace it's written on it Sullivan on one side and the other side  I think fighter ...... soldier I am not entirely sure. "he said unsure

" Warrior" I correct.

" yes ! yes ,warrior."

" give me her number I would like to talk to her "

He gave me her number and then I ended the call. " I want you to go down where she lives and take a DNA test.  I want you specifically to be responsible of it. If she is a match then we will take her in if not kill her for wasting my time. ". I was going to dismiss him until a thought came to my mind. " and figure out how they got my number. " I dismissed him after words.

I hate it when people waste my time. She took way to much of it and if I don't get what I want then people will have to pay.

..................

Sky POV.

I was finally done with work. though I stayed in the coffee just a little more than usual. I made myself a caramel ice coffee and sat outside on the same bench that I sat on yesterday. I needed clear my mind. I needed to forget problems.

Ring . Ring.

I phone was ringing so I answered it.

" hello " I said taking a sip of my coffee.

" this isMr. Sullivan . I took in consideration what your friend said and I would prefer to do a DNA test. To be sure that you are indeed my sister. If you would participate I will send a doctor where you live to take the test. "

I was shocked I didn't expect this to happen I didn't know what to do but I knew I was happy and excited that he called again.

" I am more than happy to participate. " I said afterward I give him my address  and told him what time I would be free.  I made sure that Oliver wouldn't be home at the time. He still doesn't know that I am doing this.

Today my  possibly be one of the best day of my life.