Arise From the Ashes, O' Fallen Soldier Pt. 2

2 chapters left until the end of this fic... how time flies.

The end of the chapter has notes on the voting.

Sensei was furious, everyone in the building could tell.

His angry voice boomed through the hall when he yelled at The Doctor and through speakers when he gave orders.

He wasn't scared, he wasn't. There was no reason to be afraid of Sensei, Tomura told himself.

Kurogiri was gone.

He'd been sent on some mission with The Doctor.

The Doctor returned, Kurogiri didn't.

Tomura bit the nail on his thumb anxiously. When that did nothing to soothe his jittery body, he scratched his neck until it drew blood. He paced around his room.

"I'm still the number one player." He muttered. "No rando with cheat codes is gonna beat me like this."

The ground rumbled ominously and Tomura stopped pacing. There was no way they were going to lose. Right?

He trusted Sensei, like always.

Sensei was the only one to take him in, even though his Quirk manifested late and was dangerous, Sensei was there. When those heroes weren't.

Sensei wouldn't lie.

Right?

~~~

Kakashi woke with a dry throat and blurry vision. He sluggishly moved his hand to cover his eyes.

It still smelt like smoke, wherever he was. He was probably still on the battlefield, he thought.

Kakashi forced his eyes open and took stock of his surroundings. It was early in the morning and the fires had subsided, though only a little bit.

He was sitting with his back against a flat piece of concrete that looked like it once belonged to a building.

As far as he could tell, nothing was broken and he didn't have any fatal injuries. He was bruised, that was for sure, but other than that, not much.

Kakashi sighed and shut his eyes again.

He counted to 3 in his head before he forced himself off the ground, staggering a little but otherwise remaining stable.

The villains had mostly retreated, it seemed. The mist over the sky was still present and he could hear the sounds of fighting, but it wasn't nearby.

"I wonder what happened." Kakashi said, mostly to himself.

He remembered... what did he remember? Not much.

They'd just landed in Fukuoka... he fought Kuroiro and subdued him, then the sky began to darken and turned an odd shade of purple (Kakashi noted that the sky had brightened considerably since then), another large enemy was spotted...... after? Nothing.

That was a Problem (with a capital 'p'). But it wasn't really one he could afford to think about at the moment.

Kakashi sighed heavily and began to walk in the direction of the medical checkpoint.

~~~

"That's him?" Dabi asked.

"Yeah. He's... different, though." Shukaku mumbled. " S'fucking weird."

"Does Kurogiri seem to be anywhere? Haven't seen him since that weird purple shit was over the sky and I'm still not 100% sure it was him."

"He could've gotten a power boost." Shukaku pointed out.