Chapter 4 - Memories and Movies

Aizawa, Hizashi and Kakashi sat in silence in the car. Kakashi sighed and closed his eyes. Thanks to his wonderful eidetic memory and Mousey's prying, images of his father's suicide waltzed back into his mind.

The smell of blood.

The sword, so elegantly stabbed through his father's chest.

The floorboards never did get cleaned. They're stained now.

The sound of the car powering off brought Kakashi out of his trance. He was awake but he didn't open his eyes. Instead, he listened to the sounds around him, Aizawa and Hizashi talking in the background, children playing on the playground across the street and the birds chirping in the trees.

Kakashi blinked away a headache and got out of the car.

"Thai food for dinner?" Hizashi asked, fumbling with the keys.

"Okay." Kakashi nodded, not really listening.

"We're... moving to America and you're coming with us." Hizashi opened the door and let them all in.

"Okay."

"I'm selling your books." Aizawa said.

"Okay... wait what?! You can't do that." Kakashi narrowed his eyes, ready to put his book back in his pocket dimension.

"No, we can't and we won't." Hizashi shook his head .

"But we should." Aizawa mumbled.

"The day anyone sells these will be the day I die." Kakashi said. 'I wonder if Naruto kept Icha Icha....' Kakashi wondered, as his thoughts spiraled elsewhere.

"Kakashi...." Kakashi cringed at how worried Hizashi sounded.

"Yes?"

"Are... you okay?"

'I should start keeping track of every time someone says that to me....' Kakashi mused. "Yes. I'm fine." 'Has there ever been a day in my life when I was "fine?"'

"Do you want to talk about our talk with the principal?" When Kakashi looked at Hizashi, Minato's face appeared instead. It was that stupid blonde hair, Kakashi decided.

'The gods hate me.' Kakashi thought as he averted his eyes. "There isn't anything to talk about."

"Okay, if you're sure." Hizashi sighed and sat next to Kakashi on the couch. "Do you wanna watch a movie?"

"A movie?" (I'm pretty sure they don't have movies in Naruto, and if they have them in Boruto well... shit. I didn't watch Boruto, and I'm not going to watch Boruto, so let's just say they don't have movies.)

"Yeah! So... Back to the Future?"

Kakashi blinked a few times. "Never... watched it." 'What is a movie anyways?'

"WHAT?! SHOUTA!!!" Hizashi yelled, and Kakashi forced himself not to wince at the volume.

"Yes?!" Aizawa ran into the living room, toothbrush in mouth. "Who died?"

"The kid's never seen Back to the Future!"

"Hold on a second." Aizawa left and returned a few minutes later, his hair was in a bun and the toothbrush was gone. "What?"

"Where would I've seen it?" 'I don't even know what a movie is!'

"A movie theatre! I don't know!" Hizashi said.

'So it's like a play? Or a musical? Okay....' "To be perfectly honest, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about right now." Kakashi deadpanned.