Chapter 1 - Change

So, before I get this chapter started, may I just say, HOLY FUCK 80K VIEWS?! Thank you so much!! I can hardly believe it!!!

Shukaku spent the entirety of that night slaughtering nomu's to calm himself down. It worked wonders on the soul.

The next morning he continued looking for Dabi, who he found wandering the streets with a lost look in his eyes.

"Shukaku?" He asks when he sees the Biju.

"Yo." Shukaku and Dabi didn't say anything about the night before, and neither asked. They make it back to their shared apartment (it's much easier to split the rent, and they tolerate each other's presence.)

"I didn't join the League."

Shukaku hummed in acknowledgement but didn't say anything more.

"Their ideals didn't work with mine." Dabi continued.

"Oh? And you aren't trying to squash heroism?"

"Fake heroes." He corrects. "They're trying to destroy all heroes, and this entire villain thing would be boring without heroes to run from."

"Well, if we're talking fake heroes, the first one that pops into my mind would be Endeavor. He'd be fun to kill."

An unidentifiable emotion flashes across Dabi's face, but it's gone in an instant. "Endeavor is one of them, yes. Along with Mt. Lady and Kamui woods."

"If you're asking me this entire hero system is a load of shit." Shukaku laughs.

"Is it?"

"Yup! Where I'm from, there aren't any heroes." He says. "It works out fan-fucking-tastic."

"Looking at you, I'd have to say the opposite."

"Can't say this hero system is any better though." Shukaku retorted.

"Fair point."

"You know, it would be entertaining to flip the hero system on it's ass." Shukaku mused.

Dabi grinned.

"I guess my schedule's gonna be full for the next few months." A cruel smile spread across Shukaku's face.

~~~

After Kakashi's nightmare, he was silent. His hands shook occasionally and he would put them in his pockets.

Aizawa and Hizashi were at a loss. They had no idea what they could say to get him to at least talk about something.

They told him he could take a half-day today, but he shook his head and went to school. Fair enough, Aizawa supposed as he thought back to yesterday afternoon.

He'd knocked on Kakashi's door, which opened as soon as he hit it. He was about to close it when he noticed that Kakashi was having a nightmare. His teeth were grit together tightly, and he seemed to be unable to move or say anything.

Aizawa tried to wake him, he even called Hizashi to help, but Kakashi didn't move. Eventually he had to pour water on him, which wasn't something he'd do normally, but this nightmare seemed particularly bad.

Kakashi bolted up immediately and he seemed to be closer to tears than Aizawa had ever seen him.

He pulled his knees into his chest and put his hands over his ears.

"May I touch you?" He asked, careful about putting a hand on his shoulder. Kakashi didn't move. He tensed slightly when Hizashi pulled him into a hug, and remained tense for quite a while before he eventually relaxed. His body still shook, but he was a little calmer now.