Chapter 6 - Conscious

Kakashi being in a coma is definitely not my excuse for not having him participate in the whole thing with Eri.... definitely not.

Also... I had like... a plan for this chapter... but now it's... gone. I don't know where it went but things are all over the place. Also if you guys could check out the other fanfictions I wrote (please ignore the Kiribaku I was... a foolish child) I would really appreciate it.

The heart monitor on the hospital bed beeped continuously.

Aizawa and Hizashi sat next to the bed as they had for the past 2 weeks.

The entire class had been given their provisional licenses for the way they handled the situation, but Kakashi hadn't woken up yet.

Work studies were quickly approaching and the students would be leaving for them in 2 days.

A doctor came in and checked some of his vitals before giving them sympathetic smiles and leaving.

The Hero Association had come by a few times to check and see if Kakashi was awake. The absolute last thing Aizawa and Hizashi wanted for Kakashi was whatever the Hero Association had planned.

All Might's physical condition was rapidly deteriorating and there was demand for Endeavor to be stripped of his license. Todoroki had been staying with Aizawa and Hizashi because the Todoroki household was deemed unsafe. His 2 siblings, Natsuo and Fuyumi had also gone, though Natsuo already had a place. The real problem was Dabi, or Touya, and Shukaku.

They weren't told to look for the two of them, but if they came across either of them or both, they were supposed to ask them to come to the nearest police station so they could take Dabi's statement on Endeavor.

To accommodate the youngest Todoroki, they'd decided to expand the house, adding a basement with the help of Cementoss and Nezu.

The minutes bled into hours and there was no sign of Kakashi waking that day.

With a heavy sigh, Hizashi and Aizawa left the hospital room.

~~~

Despite the chaos surrounding the Shie Hassakai raid and All Might's not-so-sudden retirement, Aizawa always found time to visit Kakashi in the hospital. Considering the fact that a lot of his students and coworkers were now there too, he spent most of his time there anyway.

All Might ended up retiring after the Shie Hassakai raid, which he participated in as his final battle.

Then there was the topic of the #1 hero. Endeavor had been forced to step down with Todoroki Natsuo's testimony. He would be facing 1 month of jail time and mandatory anger management classes. He would also need to do extra schooling in hero courses and a retake of his provisional license exam if he wished to become a hero again.

He no longer had custody of his children, and all the Todoroki's other than Fuyumi had filed for a restraining order.

Todoroki and Bakugou were frequent visitors to Kakashi's hospital room, they were there right now, in fact.

"It's been 3 weeks. Wake up, dumbass." Bakugou said quietly.

"Good to know you all missed me." Kakashi groaned.

"Of course we did you-" Bakugou paused. "Holy shit you're awake."

"Yo."

"Kakashi." Todoroki whispered. "A-are you okay?" He said numbly.

"Well I've had worse."

"Oh." Todoroki mumbled.

"Ah, don't frown like that. I'm alive, aren't I?" Kakashi's words did little to lighten the situation, but they did elicit a forced chuckle from Bakugou.