Chapter 4 - Endeavor

How long is the summer training camp? I can't really remember.

"So what's your thing with Endeavor?" Shukaku asked Dabi.

"He's not worthy of being a hero."

"But you, a villain, can decide who is worthy and not worthy of being a hero?" Dabi glared at Shukaku. "Not saying I disagree with you, Endeavor is an asshole, and Yuuei should really conduct personality tests before accepting students, but that's not the only reason you don't like him, is it?"

"No."

"Okay." Shukaku didn't ask anything else. If Dabi had wanted to tell him more, he would've. "Do you know what a Bijuu is?"

"A what?"

"I guess not." Shukaku muttered. "Nevermind, forget I said anything." Shukaku was gradually realizing that the more time he spent away from the Elemental Nations, the better his attitude got. Sure, he knew that being trapped in that faulty seal for so long had... tainted his personality somewhat, but he hadn't realized the full extent of it until he was in a world completely deprived of chakra. He was beginning to remember the way he was before the humans decided that the Bijuu belonged to them.

"We should probably make a plan." Dabi's voice broke his thoughts.

"We can't just kill them?" Shukaku asked.

"I mean we could, but that wouldn't send a message."

"So... we kidnap them, then we kill them?"

"We need to break them first."

"Oh. So we kidnap them, torture them, then kill them?"

"How about we exclude killing from the equation."

"Why?"

"Because that won't be sending a message! If we send them back after we torture them, then-"

"Then we kill them?"

"Oh my god. You're hopeless!" Dabi massaged his forehead, a small smile tugging at his lips.

~~~

Results for finals came out, and unsurprisingly, Kakashi was first overall.

"Wow. I guess you class A guys aren't totally beyond help." Monoma grinned. Kakashi hadn't had very many interactions with Monoma. The only thing he remembered about him was the fact that Bakugou hated him.

"Oh yeah? And where did you place, shithead?" Bakugou growled. Monoma glared at him and shrugged.

"It matters not! I'm still-"

"Hey, you're at the bottom, aren't you? So much for the Hero Course." Shinsou folded his arms.

"You're talking mad shit for a weakling who couldn't even get past the first round of the tournament." Bakugou retorted.

"At least people don't see me as a feral animal." Shinsou smirked.

"The fuck did you say?" Bakugou fumed.

"Alright, alright." Kakashi said, deciding that now was a good time to step in. "How about the both of you shut your mouths and stop disturbing the people around you?" The students who had been trying to see their results were now all staring at them. Shinsou and Bakugou looked like they wanted to say something, but they wisely kept silent.

"I bet you think you're so lucky, don't you? Having everything handed to you on a silver platter?" Monoma muttered.

Kakashi felt the sudden, yet strong urge to throw the child through the window. He didn't though, he had more restraint than that. "Oh?"