PERCY XXX

Percy waited silently for the door to shut behind Nico before moving. He knew the son of Hades only wanted to help, but there was no way he was going to sleep anytime soon, regardless of how completely exhausted he felt.

            He sat up and stared at the wall, feeling the currents of the ocean below. The crew must have decided against flying, and he was grateful. He knew that Zeus wasn’t going to blast him out of the sky, especially if he was with Jason, but he was still always a bit uneasy.

            Normally, the water would have been enough to calm him. But without his ability to control water, the idea of the ocean stressed him out even more. He wanted nothing more than to be back to normal, and know that his friends knew they didn’t have to worry about him. They were entirely to focused on his wellbeing, and not nearly enough on their own. He would be fine, and if he wasn’t, what’s the big deal?

            Percy shook his head, trying to end the train of depressing thoughts. To distract himself, he tried to focus on the water in his clothes, and see if he could control it to any extent. He felt that familiar tug in his gut, but it grew painful, and he lost control. The water flew from his clothes, but the puddle on the floor grew.

            He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to break the connection. He remember the times he lost control before, when his powers became too much for him. Back in the labyrinth, when he cleaned the stables, he had barely managed to shut off the geysers he had created. Now, the water continued to fill the room, and he couldn’t get it to stop. The pain in his gut grew, as if Khione were back and stabbing him, twisting her knife in his stomach, and freezing it solid. The water reached the bottom of his mattress, and continued to rise. Soon, he felt the chill of it against his legs.

            With a final scream, he managed to stop the water before it reached much higher. His vision began to dim, and he slid into unconsciousness. His head went below the water, and with his last ounce of strength, he remembered: he wasn’t going to be able to breathe.

Guess who finally is on Spring Break? 

That's right, me!

It's a baby spring break, all of three days, but it'll give me the chance to update for you guys, which will make us all happy! I'll be updating as much as I can (sadly, I still have to go to work, and I have homework) and I hope you enjoy them! After break, I'm going to try to get on a regular updating schedule, and hopefully get rid of those long spaces between updates. 

So, vote, comment, or follow, and I'll see you in the next update, which will be up as soon as I write it!- T