ANNABETH XIX

Poseidon led the demigods down to the beach. They kept an eye out for Polybotes and Khione, but the two had fled. Annabeth couldn’t wait to get her hands on them.

            “Where could he be?” asked Annabeth, looking at her friends.

            “How many times has Percy disappeared?” asked Frank.

            “Well, major disappearances are at about three. Once after he blew up a volcano, the next when Hera took him, and the most recent being when he and Jason were kidnapped.”

            “Of those times, which ones were you not able to contact him?”

            “The first two.”

            “So, either a god has taken him or…” Frank trailed off. “Where did he go after the volcano?”

            “I’ve never been completely sure. He said he was on a deserted island, but I’ve always had a hunch he met Calypso.”

            Annabeth watched as Leo’s attention grew at the mention of Calypso. Strange.

            “So god or mystical island are our two main possibilities,” summed up Jason.

            “Well, I can go find out right now if it was a god,” said Poseidon. The demigods quickly covered their eyes as the god disappeared, returning ten minutes later.

            “It was no major god,” announced Poseidon, “and no minor god would have enough power to truly mask his aura. It shouldn’t be possible, but he may have ended up in Oygigia.

            “How are we supposed to find him, if that’s the case?” asked Annabeth. “That place isn’t even an actual place! You only end up there by accident, it isn’t on a map!”

            “I may have an idea,” said Leo.