JASON I

Jason paced the ship deck, watching for threats on the way home from Greece. After the final battle with Gaea, and the victory of the demigods, he hoped they would not have to face too much more. They still had several giants to track down, who had fled after the death of their mother at the hands of Percy, but they would regroup at Camp Half-Blood first. They needed more supplies, more manpower, and to talk to Chiron and the other head counselors. But mostly, they needed to be home for a bit. They had been on the quest for weeks, living on a flying ship.

            “Hey, man,” said Percy, coming up behind Jason. Jason turned and smiled at his friend, thankful that they had all made it out alive.

            “Hey.” Jason leaned against the railing, and Percy stood next to him. A silence passed between the two, before Jason broke it. “Ready to be home?”

            “Definitely,” Percy sighed. “I like camp Jupiter and all, but I haven’t been back to Camp since last summer. And I haven’t seen my mom in even longer.”

            “Did you Iris message her, tell her you’re alive?”

            “I tried, but it still wouldn’t go through. I’ll just go to the apartment, it isn’t far from camp. And we should be there soon.”

            The boat shook in the air, sending them both tumbling to the ground. Jason looked over at Percy, who was already pulling out Riptide. “I think you may have spoken too soon.”