PIPER X

Nothing bothered Piper more than how happy the two giants looked. So when a grinning Polybotes brought in a small swimming pool sized bucket of water, she was bit concerned about his plans.

            Percy scoffed at the sight of it. “Very smart, bringing water. I totally can’t control it or anything.”

            Polybotes just kept smiling. Faster than Piper could follow, he pulled Percy from the bed and held his face inches above the water’s surface. Piper was beginning to wonder if the giant had lost his mind. Percy could breath underwater. But once Percy went under, she knew something was wrong.

            He started thrashing almost immediately. Annabeth and Jason both tried to lunge at the giant at the same time. Annabeth was held back by Frank, and had apparently forgotten she was looking at an Iris message.

            Jason flew at the giant holding Percy, but was swatted aside like a bug. He flew toward the cell wall, and Piper heard his head collide with a bar. He slowly slid down until he was laying in a crumpled heap. It took all Piper had not to try to run to him, but there was nothing she could do. She turned her attention to Percy.

            His flailing was getting weaker, and soon stopped altogether. Polybotes pulled the unconscious demigod from the water and tossed him back on the bed. Poryphiron turned his attention to the shocked demigods in the Iris message. He swiped his hand through the mist, and Piper faintly heard him say, “See you soon, demigods.”