ANNABETH XXXII

Annabeth made her way upstairs from the stables. She always loved it down there, and it made the perfect spot for her to go and think. Or, in this case, cry about her stupid Seaweed Brain.

            How in Hades did he think he was useless? Couldn’t he tell that, no matter what, she needed him? That if he just disappeared, she wouldn’t be able to function? It probably wasn’t very logical for her to feel this way, but she had come to the conclusion long ago that her feelings for Percy would never be logical. She accepted it at this point.

            She heard hushed voices coming from down the hall. Specifically, Percy’s room. She quickened her pace. She finally reached the door, and poked her head in. “Percy?”

            Piper and Jason looked up at her from their spots on the soaked floor. Between them was Percy, who appeared to be asleep. Jason had his arms under Percy’s, preparing to lift him as Piper grabbed his ankles. “One sec,” said the son of Jupiter, as if Annabeth shouldn’t be at all concerned that her boyfriend was passed out, soaking wet, and pale as a son of Hades. The couple lifted Percy carefully, laying him down in his drenched bed. Piper gestured for the trio to go into the hall, and she shut the door behind them.

            “What happened?” hissed Annabeth.

            “We aren’t a hundred percent sure. We heard a scream, and came down here to find Percy’s room flooded, and him unconscious underwater,” said Piper.

            “Piper did CPR, and he woke up for a second, but passed out again, probably from exhaustion,” finished Jason.

            “Where on earth did the water come from?” demanded Annabeth.

            “We have no idea. There was enough of it to flood his room almost halfway to the ceiling, and it seems to have come out of nowhere.” Jason shrugged. “The drains Leo built in got rid of it, thank the gods.”

            “We’ll have to wait for him to wake up before we find out anything. But he really needs sleep, he hasn’t slept peacefully in Zeus knows how long,” Piper said, catching Annabeth’s arm as she made a beeline to open the door.

            “You’re right,” said Annabeth reluctantly. “We’ll just have to wait.”

            Jason reached over and gave her shoulder a reassuring squeeze. “He’s fine, Annabeth. I swear. He’ll get out of this, we all will.”

            “I know,” answered Annabeth. Jason and Piper went back to the upper deck, leaving Annabeth alone in the hallway. She listened at Percy’s door, and could barely make out his even breaths as he slept. Somewhat reassured, she made her way to her own room, and plopped herself on the bed.

            Her Athenian mind spun, trying to accept the fact that she was the one needing reassurance. Other than Percy, no one ever reassured her. She always did the reassuring. Yet here was Jason, having to make sure she knew everything was all right. A good thing, too, because she was going to go into a crazy thought spiral that would end with a prediction of the end of the world.  Of course, it would be the end of her world if Percy…

            She forced herself out of the thought spiral. Percy was fine, and he would be fine for the rest of her life, if she had anything to do with it.

*insert usual plea to comment and vote* -T