PERCY II

Percy was desperate for some peace, but he didn’t think he would get it any time soon. As he and Jason stood up, Nico ran up from the lower decks. “What was that?”

            “No idea, Nico. Only one way to find out,” said Jason, cautiously making his way to look over the railing. Just before he made it, the ship began to fall from the sky, heading straight to the ocean below them.

            “Jason, try to slow our fall! I’ll try to control the water!” shouted Percy, clinging to the railing with one arm. He had grabbed Nico with the other, trying to keep them both from flying off the side. He closed his eyes, focusing as he brought the water up to meet them. He and Jason managed to cushion the fall enough that the ship didn’t shatter on impact, but it wasn’t the softest of landings. He heard shouts from the lower decks as the other demigods worked on getting up the stairs. But before they could, the door slammed shut. He heard them banging against it, trying to get it to budge, but it wouldn’t move. He released his grip on Nico and the railing, and ran over, pulling the door. Percy heard a shout from behind him, and turned to see the last thing he wanted to see. Giants.

            Polybotes and Poryphiron smiled at them, The three demigods raised their weapons, turning to face the monsters head on.

            “Why so happy, guys? Didn’t you hear the news? We beat your mom. We won. So why don’t you go back down to Tartarus, and we’ll pretend we didn’t see you,” said Percy.

            “So cocky, young ones. We are aware of our mother’s demise, but no matter. We will still kill you,” said Poryphiron.

            “Good luck with that!” said Jason.

            “We don’t need luck, son of Jupiter. We have skill.” With that, the two giants attacked.