5. Does Master Like?

On the day the convoy arrived in Jiang Du, the city gate was wide open and the alleys were deserted.

This was the first time the Yan Empire had sent an envoy to another country. Furthermore, it was the second prince, beloved by his people, who had personally made the trip. The long main road of Jiang Du City had already been crowded with people since earlier.

The cacophonous sound of gongs and drums clamored to the heavens, filling the land with loud noises.

The convoy's carriage leisurely rolled in from the distance.

The First Prince of the Yan Empire personally led several important ministers to the gate.

The carriage stopped at the city's gate.

Everyone got off their horses and bowed down.

Yu Yan didn't let anyone support him as he got off the carriage. He greeted the First Prince, "This younger brother greets Imperial Brother."

The First Prince, Yu Shu, was much older than Yu Yan. Though his eyebrows were somewhat similar to Yu Yan's, Yu Yan had inherited his concubine mother's appearance, gentle and elegant. Yu Shu looked more like Emperor Yan.

Yu Shu's temperament was rigid and cold, opposite to Yu Yan's temperament. Not to mention, within the imperial family's open and hidden fighting among the princes, their relationship wasn't any better.

He coldly nodded at Yu Yan and motioned for him to get up.

Yu Yan had just straightened up when a voice suddenly came from behind Yu Shu. "Imperial Brother!"

A slim young man sprang out from behind Yu Shu and hugged Yu Yan's waist tightly.

Yu Yan was knocked half a step back. The corners of his mouth twitched.

...... My waist is going to break.

A few days ago, Yu Yan's temporary mark had failed again, so he could only ask Mu Yungui for help. The bastard knew restraint at the beginning, and his movements were gentle and considerate. Who knew that the more time he spent behind him, the more ruthless he got. Yu Yan's waist still hurt.

The young man, unfortunately, didn't know this. He buried his head in Yu Yan's bosom and rubbed his head against it. "Imperial Brother is finally back, I was so worried about you."

"Ah... Ah Hong." Yu Yan almost couldn't maintain his indifferent expression. He whispered, "Many people are watching, don't make a scene."

The young man released him, upset. "... Oh."

This young man was the Fifth Prince, Yu Hong.

Yu Hong was the youngest of all of the Emperor's children, and he was born with a fun-loving personality and had no interest in the throne. In the imperial household, he was the only one who had good relationships with his other brothers. He was well pampered by them all.

Coming to the city gate to personally see Yu Yan was not at all surprising, after all..... even the eldest prince couldn't stand this kid acting coquettishly.

Yu Shu cleared his throat and said, "Imperial Father is hosting a banquet in the palace, follow me there ba."

Yu Yan nodded, turned around, and instructed the rest of the envoys, "Enter the palace."

The envoys responded in unison. They got up and returned to their horses and carriages. Only Meng Changzhou, who kneeled at the front, gave Yu Yan a meaningful look when he stood up.

Yu Yan happened to notice his gaze.

When Yu Yan asked him who was behind his assassination attempt, he said it was Yu Hong.