18. This Medicine Can Force An Alpha Into Heat

Yu Yan woke up.

This was an unfamiliar house, fully furnished with all the necessities. The house was clean and simple, yet not crude.

Yu Yan fell onto a soft couch, his hands and feet bound by ropes.

There was a touch of sandalwood scent in the house. The smell was fresh and elegant. He felt like he had smelled it somewhere before.

Yu Yan moved his fingers. Before he could realise why the scent felt familiar, he heard footsteps coming from outside the door.

Someone opened the door to walk in.

"Imperial brother is awake?" The youth's voice was as clear as ever, sounding like that of a stranger.

Startled, Yu Yan immediately came to his senses.

This incense was the one Yu Hong often used.

He struggled to sit up, seeing clearly the person coming by the door. "Yu Hong, why are you here?"

"Me?" Yu Hong smiled. "Naturally, it's to follow Imperial brother."

He walked to the side of the couch and looked down at Yu Yan. "If I hadn't sent someone to watch Imperial brother's actions throughout the day and night, I would have almost been deceived by Imperial brother's escape plan. I would have never guessed that Imperial brother and Chang Lu's monarch had such a good relationship. That even though you had to travel day and night, you would still come for the little prince's full moon banquet."

Yu Yan's eyes darkened.

This time, it was his mistake. He didn't realize that Yu Hong had been following him. Now that this person had realised his connection with Chang Lu, things became even more troublesome.

As if knowing what Yu Yan was thinking, Yu Hong reassured him, "Imperial brother, don't worry. As long as Imperial brother listens to me obediently, I won't tell Emperor father about this."

Yu Yan restrained himself and pondered for a moment. "You took me away from Chang Lu's temporary imperial residence. Aren't you afraid of getting yourself in trouble?"

"Afraid. Of course I'll be afraid," Yu Hong agreed. "But Imperial brother can rest assured. This is no longer within the capital territory. No matter how long the hand of the Chang Lu's monarch, he will not reach here. Moreover, Chang Lu is currently busy with its other affairs. How could he afford to care about these?"

"As for the dog beside you..." Yu Hong paused. "I prepared a generous gift for him. He won't bother us for the time being."

"You–" Yu Yan coldly questioned him, "What did you do to Yungui?"

"Nothing much. I'm only saying that the bodyguard on Imperial brother's side has great martial arts skills. I wish to see who is more skilled, him or the elite bodyguard leaders under me."

Facing Yu Yan's cold gaze, Yu Hong continued, "Imperial brother, don't worry. I just want to talk to you. If the talk goes smoothly, I might leave that person's life alone."

"......"

Yu Yan lowered his eyes, compromising, "Let's talk about it then. What do you want to talk about?"

"What I want to talk about, Imperial brother must have realized." Yu Hong walked to the small couch and sat down, poured a cup of tea for Yu Yan, and brought it to the other's lips.

Yu Yan turned his head and ignored it. Yu Hong had to withdraw his hand. "Meng Changzhou was indeed not sent by me. It was Empress mother."

Yu Yan stared at him blankly.