25(1). [EXTRA] Confession

A carriage stopped outside Jiangdu City. Yu Hong lifted the curtain and took one final look towards the city gate.

"What, can't bear to let go?" Yu Yan stood by the carriage window, smiling.

Yu Hong withdrew his gaze and smiled. "Yes, Kind of."

Maybe it was because a lot of things had happened lately, or because he didn't need to pretend to be innocent in front of Yu Yan, he looked more mature than he did in the past. His appearance had become more settled.

Yu Yan: "It's not like I'm exiling you. You can come back any time you want."

"Just don't want to add to Elder brother's trouble," Yu Hong joked.

After ascending the throne, Yu Yan honored Emperor Yan as the father of the reigning emperor and stayed in the imperial city to recuperate. Yu Hong's origins were not revealed, and following the customary practice, he was crowned prince and dispatched to his fiefdom.

As for the rebellious eldest prince, Yu Shu, he was confined to the royal garden outside Jiangdu City for the rest of his life.

Yu Hong asked, "Is Imperial brother really not worried that the Qin clan will seek my cooperation and conspire to rebel?"

"What is there to worry about?" Yu Yan elaborated, "That's what I'm hoping for rather than being out of control in the fiefdoms, and I can't find a reason to clean them up."

The Empress' death was said to be a fall in the well during the palace mutiny. As for the Qin clan behind her, Yu Yan had just ascended to the throne and had no time, nor reason to take care of it.

The Qin fiefdom was in the Great Yan, remote, and had never been very peaceful. Now that the Empress lost her life and Yu Yan ascended to the throne, it was foolish to move.

Yu Yan suddenly remembered something. He shook his head: "No. Better not."

Yu Hong: "What?"

"If the Qin clan wanted to rebel and cause a war, then ......" Yu Yan paused, his eyes swept to his side.

Mu Yungui was in the other carriage, dressed in an ink-black attire that outlined his slender figure.

...Then his great general would have to be at the front of the battle.

This child was not born yet.

Yu Hong: "......"

Yu Hong dropped the carriage curtain, annoyed. "I just want it!"

Yu Yan waved his hand. "Have a safe trip!"

The carriage drove away in the distance, and Yu Yan had just turned around when Mu Yungui came to his side and reached out to help him.

"I'm fine." Yu Yan could neither laugh nor cry. "I still have both arms and legs, there's just an extra piece of meat. It's not like I can't walk."

"Who made His Majesty so careless?"

Mu Yungui ignored the man's weak resistance, and directly picked him up, heading towards the carriage.

Yu Yan: "!"

It was dusk. People came and went to the gate of the city. Yu Yan buried his face in Mu Yungui's arms, and said in embarrassment, "There are so many people here. What if we are recognized!"

Mu Yungui didn't answer, not until he carried the person into the carriage and laid him on the soft couch, "It doesn't matter if they recognize. Who doesn't know that Your Majesty is now pregnant with the heir? This official should be taking good care of Your Majesty."