19. A Complete Marking

T/N: Bold words are used for formal YOU/I

Not only Yu Hong, even Yu Yan was taken aback by Mu Yungui's abrupt entrance.

Being by his side for the past few years, Mu Yungui's temper had improved a lot. Although his bloodthirsty side did awaken once in a while, in front of Yu Yan at least, he had always restrained it very well.
He hadn't seen Mu Yungui look like this in a long time.

He could not help but recall his first encounter with him – the beast-like youth in the Colosseum.

Mu Yungui's eyes screamed murder, coldly sweeping over Yu Hong. The latter took half a step back, a hint of fear finally visible on his features.

"You...How can you..."

From the capital till here, he had prepared dozens of the most elite guards. How could this person still rush over so soon?!

Mu Yungui ignored him and turned to look at Yu Yan who was kneeling on the couch.

Gazing at Yu Yan's body, his face relaxed a little.

Mu Yungui didn't pause. He rushed towards the two people and with a single kick, Yu Hong, who was standing by the small couch, was thrown away.

The blood-stained sword blade drew a sharp arc in the air and instantly cut the ropes that bound Yu Yan's hands and feet.

"Yun..." Before Yu Yan had time to speak, he saw Mu Yungui's sword flash in front of him. It was angled towards Yu Hong.

Yu Yan shouted, "Don't kill him!"

Mu Yungui's sword halted only an inch away from Yu Hong's throat. Without turning his head, he retorted, "But he knows that Master is in Chang Lu."

Mu Yungui had just kicked Yu Hong so hard that he was thrown against the wall, still lying there, face pale as paper.

Yu Hong clutched his chest, sharp pain making it difficult to breathe.

A trail of blood slipped slowly past his lips. He laughed hoarsely. "That's right, Imperial brother. If you don't kill me now, I can't guarantee what will happen when we return to the Yan State."

"Do you wish to die?" Yu Yan questioned, "Haven't even gotten your revenge yet. Are you willing to die already?"

Yu Hong's eyes twitched.

"You don't have to provoke me to kill you. You have planned for revenge for so many years. Stopping now when the end is in sight isn't how you do things."

"Besides, it's not that I'm letting you go because of our brotherhood." Yu Yan continued, "Yungui, keep the sword away. Yu Hong is the prince. If he dies in Chang Lu now, we won't be able to explain it. It will expose the fault in our plan."

Mu Yungui was silent for a long time. Then he took a deep breath and sheathed his sword.

The murderous atmosphere in the room dissipated immediately.

Mu Yungui threw his sword aside, took the rope that had previously tied Yu Yan, and tied Yu Hong firmly.

Then, he walked to the small couch and knelt on one knee.

"This subordinate is late. Master, please forgive me."

At first glance, Mu Yungui's appearance didn't give anything away. Even his breathing had been adjusted and steadied as if nothing had happened.

But his clothes were splattered with blood, the black of his robes smeared in red, leaving behind a fishy smell.

Indicating the numerous savage fights this person had gone through.