14. Only A Plaything

Yu Yan was sent back to the palace hall by Mu Yungui, and the imperial physician arrived soon after.

Although the suppressant incense could no longer suppress his scent, he hadn't stopped using it. This medication had both the effect of suppressing his scent and also changing the constitution.

As long as it was not during estrus, even the imperial physician would not be able to discover his identity as an omega.

He wasn't worried that his omega identity would be discovered. Rather, he was only worried about...

Yu Yan burned with pain all over. Holding onto his last trace of reason, he drove everyone out of the room, leaving only the imperial physician, Mu Yungui, and himself in the resting chamber to check his pulses.

If... If there was any accident, Mu Yungui could at least settle it right on the spot.

The palace hall was deadly silent. Yu Yan laid on the bed for the imperial physician to check his pulse, his free hand still holding to Mu Yungui.

The imperial physician looked at Mu Yungui suspiciously.

The second highness and this imperial bodyguard....

The imperial physician's surname was Feng. After serving in the royal family for decades, he naturally knew what to ask and what not to ask.

He didn't say anything, and sat down by the bed to concentrate on checking the pulse of the second highness.

Mu Yungui held onto Yu Yan, feeling somewhat helpless.

He was always careful not to get too close to his master in front of others. But with this sickness, Master was unlike his usual self, sticking very close to him.

The strong and self-reliant youth in the past was now pale. Even with no strength, this youth still did his best to hold him.

Faced with such a dependent posture, there was no one who could be willing to push away.

So it seemed when Master was sick, he would become like this.

"The second highness is sick with wind chill. Cold air seeping into the body, together with overworking and being on the edge for too long, resulted in fever." Physician Feng declared, "This subject will prescribe some medicine for your highness. After taking it, it will be good to sleep and rest. After a few days, it'll be fine."

Yu Yan struggled to sit up. "Just...cough cough. It's really just a wind chill?"

Physician Feng nodded. "Just a wind chill."

Physician Feng quickly went outside to prescribe medicine, and Yu Yan leaned in Mu Yungui's arms, bowing his head in despair.

No child.

He actually spent all night thinking about the future, even almost settling on the name of the child.

In the end, there was none at all.

An alpha's reproductiveness was supposed to be incredibly high. One-shot and it'll become.

The folk stories were all false.

Yu Yan raised his head to look at Mu Yungui, his face with hidden bitterness. "Why are you so useless?"

Mu Yungui: "?"

He lowered his head, the rims of his eyes reddened. "I'm also useless."

Mu Yungui: "???"

Yu Yan had been talking nonsense all morning, and Mu Yungui decisively stopped talking to him and laid him flat on the bed. "Master should rest. This subordinate will boil the medicine for Master."