17. You Are Also An Important Person To Me.

*author's note is not translator/uploader note yeah*

The battle between Western Xia and Chang Lu turned fiercer by the moment. Emperor Yan ordered Yu Yan to take advantage of this crisis. But of course, he didn't know that Yu Yan had already contacted Chang Lu.

Chang Lu had been preparing for this battle for a long time. Like a butcher holding onto his cleaver, they naturally didn't mind accompanying Yu Yan in this act against the Yan Emperor.

It was just that this act didn't last long before the news that the Western Xia's king had been overthrown, reached Jiang Du.

"How is it possible!" Emperor Yan threw the letter to the ground, furious. "Three months. It was only three months from start till now and Western Xia was so easily exterminated?!"

Everyone in the warm pavilion knelt on the ground. Yu Yan knelt at the forefront, unhurriedly requesting, "Emperor father, please take care of your imperial body."

The Yan Emperor was anxious. His face flushed, and even his breathing had some slight difficulty.

Seeing this, the old eunuch serving next to him hurriedly sent someone to deliver the chinese medicine. After drinking most of the contents inside the bowl, he barely calmed down.

"Chang Lu..." Emperor Yan's breath was unstable; he sluggishly said, "Chang Lu has not the slightest loss, instead has boosted its morale. If this continues, it is only a matter of time before they conquer the Great Yan."

Yu Yan said, "This son once signed an agreement with Chang Lu. Within these three years, unless we are the first to breach the contract, they will never send troops here."

"Only three years..." In just these few months, Emperor Yan seemed to have aged many times over. He leaned on the small couch and coughed a few times. "No, Great Yan can't remain passive."

Yu Yan: "Emperor father means..."

"Proactively attack. Catch them off-guard."

Yu Yan's eyes lit up slightly, but he didn't say anything.

Emperor Yan waved his hand. "I have to think about it again. You may leave first."

Yu Yan: "Yes."

Yu Yan kowtowed to Emperor Yan. When he left, he saw the inner servant bring the soup for Emperor Yan to consume.

Yu Yan glanced at the decoction thoughtfully, then turned and left.

It was rare for Mu Yungui not to accompany him to the imperial study room. Yu Yan took the sedan chair back to his palace hall and as soon as he walked past the gates, he heard footsteps behind him.

Yu Yan turned around and waved at him. "Close the door and come in."

Mu Yungui shut the door. Yu Yan had already walked to the table and sat down.

He took out a letter from his body and laid it on the table. "Master, please have a look."

The surface of the letter was blank, with only two small words written at the end.

——"Qi Xuan."

Qi Xuan was the pseudonym of Ye Shu.Yu Yan opened the letter. Within it was a greeting letter towards the recipient. Mu Yungui handed over a porcelain bottle, Yu Yan moistened the brush with the bottle's liquid and carefully traced it on the letter paper.

Under the action of this special potion, the original text disappeared and a new correspondence appeared.

The handwriting had also become completely different.