21. I Love You too

T/N: Bold YOU/I is used when there's formality

Within a private room of the biggest restaurant in the city, Mu Yungui served Yu Yan a piece of pastry. "Is Master still thinking about what happened just now?"

Yu Yan came back to his senses. He nodded. "Yes."

The forces in the imperial court were split into two factions. If there was no participation from the prime minister, he and Eldest imperial brother were evenly matched.

But once the prime minister was involved, things would get a little tricky.

Yu Yan explained, "The prime minister wants to become Guo Zhang. Although he didn't say it clearly, the hidden meaning in his words was that if I disagree, he will turn to support Eldest imperial brother."

"Once Eldest imperial brother has the support of the state ministers, I am afraid..." Mu Yungui's eyes darkened. He asked in a low voice, "What's Master's plan now?"

"I asked him to give me three days to think about it." Yu Yan lowered his head and took a bite of the pastry. One of his cheeks bulged as he chewed carefully. He swallowed that bite before snorting coldly, "The group of ministers under the prime minister all cover for one another's acts. Don't know how many corrupt officials have been raised from that pool. If he really becomes Guo Zhang, isn't it asking for me to become a puppet emperor?"

It wasn't surprising that Yu Yan detested being controlled.

Mu Yungui: "If it is the eldest prince, he might not refuse."

"That's natural." Yu Yan sneered. "Eldest imperial brother is the kind of person who can do everything for power. Compared to me, he is much more relaxed. He doesn't think about this and that, about the next many steps."

Mu Yungui lowered his head and did not answer.

Yu Yan nibbled at the pastry and finally noticed that Mu Yungui's mood was not right.

He glanced to the side, then understood.

This blockhead was brewing vinegar.

All the worries Yu Yan had in his heart were swept away. His heart did a little jump of happiness.

He obviously minded it so much, and yet refused to say anything.

Starting to worry now?

I'll make you brew till you die.

Yu Yan cleared his throat and deliberately said with a serious face, "In fact, ignoring those groups of corrupt officials under the prime minister's hands, it's not a bad thing to marry his daughter."

Mu Yungui froze.

"I heard that the lady is well-known for being an exquisite, intelligent, knowledgeable, and talented woman." Yu Yan paused. He glanced at Mu Yungui from the corner of his eye. "After all... the king of a country can't live without a queen."

Mu Yungui's eyebrows furrowed. His fingers on the table slowly curled up.

Yu Yan held his chin as he looked at Mu Yungui casually, and waited quietly for the other's response.

But Mu Yungui stayed silent.

Yu Yan was slightly frustrated. He finished his last mouthful of pastry and stood up. "Let's go. Head back to the palace. I still have to consider the prime minister's suggestion."

He turned around to leave, but was grabbed by the wrist.

Yu Yan turned.

Mu Yungui was gripping his hand tightly, hard enough that Yu Yan felt a twinge of pain.