11. Can You Stay With Me?

It was close to midnight when the two returned to the palace hall.

The snow fell heavily. Mu Yungui took off his outer robe and wrapped the person tightly. He then encircled the person in his arms, using qing gong to leap across the wall with little effort.

Up in the sky, there were no stars or moons. Heavy snow accumulated everywhere, but the wind and frost were blocked by Mu Yungui.

Even after standing in the snow for so long, the clothing on his body was still very warm. Through the clothes, that heat was transmitted to Yu Yan. His frozen limbs gradually warmed up.

Yu Yan raised his eyes. From his perspective, he could only see the other's side profile.

The curvature of that jawline was exquisite and smooth, the contour of it was extremely defined. Even fine brushwork could not imitate.

This man's appearance was simply a crime.

Mu Yungui was actually not suitable to be a shadow guard. This person was too special and too attractive. Even amongst the crowd, he was a most unignorable existence.

But for Yu Yan, he walked in the dark all year round, restraining all his sharp edges.

Yu Yan looked on until he went into a daze, not realizing that Mu Yungui had already landed steadily at the palace's gate with his arms surrounding him.

He did not move, and Mu Yungui did not let go either.

The palace lantern beside the road was dim and unclear. The two embraced closely on this silent snowy night, like a pair of intimate lovers.

"Master?" After a while, Mu Yungui whispered.

Yu Yan just noticed what he was doing and his ears turned red. He broke free from his embrace. "Let's-let's quickly go in!"

Mu Yungui's lips bent slightly, and he nodded.

The two walked side by side towards the palace gate. Mu Yungui suddenly paused in his footsteps, bringing Yu Yan into his arms.

He looked aside towards the shadowed area, coldly stating, "Who?"

Yu Yan was taken aback. His eyes followed Mu Yungui's gaze.

A shadow walked out from the palace wall.

It was Yu Hong.

Perhaps he had been waiting in the snow for a long time, but Yu Hong's face did not look very well. His gaze sharpened on Mu Yungui's arms around Yu Yan for a moment, and then looked at Yu Yan.

"Imperial.... Imperial brother..."

The braziers within the palace hall burned to a good temperature. Mu Yungui brought two cups of ginger soup, and Yu Hong curled up on the seat with a grievance, sipping his drink bit by bit. The little face was pale from the cold, and his body was still trembling slightly.

The ginger soup was filled with medicinal cold-preventing ingredients. Once Yu Yan finished drinking his soup, his body quickly warmed up.

Yu Yan asked, "Why are you here, did you quarrel with Empress mother?"

When Yu Hong was a child, every time Yu Hong quarreled with the empress, he would squat at the door of Yu Yan's room.

Yu Hong nodded, his eyes were a little red.

Yu Yan pressed his glabella. "Because of me?"

Yu Hong did not answer. Yu Yan stared at him. "...Yes," Yu Hong shortly whispered.

Yu Yan felt a little helpless and sighed. "Ah Hong, you don't need to confront Empress mother on my behalf. These things have nothing to do with you."