Creeps

This chapter is dedicated to the one who got me started on Wattpad. The amazing and talented writer Brooklynha!

Brooks pov-

The sound of drilling barges through the room, stomping around us like an elephant. Only to fade away as suddenly as it came, leaving entrance for it's friends. While the sounds and smells waft around us, Derek and I stay glued to the ground. Are embrace making my breathing hitch, and get trapped inside my lungs. The burning sensation worsening with every breath. My face is snuggled in his chest, the salty tears that remain running from eyes and drenching his shirt.

 "You guys almost ready to leave? We need to continue on working. Are boss wants us out by 10-11pm." One of the workers tells us. His voice quiet and dull.

"Yeah. We just need a little longer. How long do you think it will take, to get this place fixed up?" Derek asks. His voice is broken and empty. His eyes don't seem to glimmer the way they use to. There almost lifeless, just a faint flicker to reassure that he was still himself. 

"Three days or so. We got to work fast, with winder coming and all." The man replies. His voice shaking, and his hands trembling. You would think the poor man was nervous, but why would he be?

"Just a few weeks or so now, and the snow will cover the ground." Derek continues to talk to the man, as his arms hold me tighter ever so slowly.

"Yep. Well I better get back to work now. It was nice talking to you." The man finally says his hands shaking less, and his voice more steady.

"Back at you." Derek states. His muscles tense as the man looks at me, and I turn away the gaze the man has frightening.

"Let's pick all of this up." I whisper. My voice ruff, and my throat burns from talking as I stand up. Derek's eyes don't move from me, afraid I'll fall and get hurt.

"Okay. I'll pick this up, and you go bring the suitcases down okay?" Derek inquires. Not wanting me to look, at everything right now.

I slowly nod my head before turning around, and heading upstairs. My feet are heavy as I walk up the stairs, and my eyes are tired. "Everything is the same... almost... almost the same." I think to myself. Letting the thought sink in slowly.

"You ready?" Derek questions. Beckoning his head towards the door.

"Ya... I guess..." I mumble. Grabbing a hold of the suitcases, and dragging them out of the house.

I ignore the front of the house as we walk to the car. The clouds add to how I'm feeling, and it makes me feel less lonely. The dark gloomy air filling my lungs, making me feel alive and free. The love I have for rain, and thunderstorms, lighting my heart on fire. A small blush creeps carefully up my cheeks, from the chilling wind hitting my cheeks harshly. My nose already running, and my teeth chattering. My hands starting to freeze, like my toes were. The trees sway and tip fiercely, as the wind bangs at their trunks. The streets are abandoned, and the lights burn brightly. If you didn't know better, you would think you were in a horror movie. The way the lights flicker, and the clouds move quicker with every second is a little scary.

"Maybe. Just maybe this is fate. Hopefully this is, and it will all work out for the better." I thought to myself. Before hurtling into my dreadful thoughts, that could cause nightmares.