Doni

Brooke's pov-

"Why would I!?" I shout questioning the boys, as I jump out of the washroom.

"Brooke! I'm so sorry!" Liam apologizes, his face turning red from embarrassment and guilt.

"Save it." I snap, walking into the kitchen and sitting down.

How could he do that! He knows how much pain Christmas brings for me, can't he just accept that.

Cody sits beside me, while Liam keeps his distance. You can tell he wants to explain, but knows if he tries I'll flip out.

"Okay let's eat!" Derek cheers, walking into the kitchen with the girls, who sit right across from me.

"Thanks for the great meal." I thank Derek, as we're washing up the dishes.

The Liam made smashing against my brain, causing a gruesome headache to start up.

"My pleasure." Derek says curtly, making me laugh.

"So what was with you and Liam?" Derek inquires, raising his eyebrows. His brotherly instincts starting up, as he gets protective.

"He was talking about why I act funny, around Christmas..." I sniff, rubbing my eyes. The thought of what happened so long again, stabbing at my heart that is already bleeding.

"Are you joking?" Derek growls, clenching his fist.

"Nope.." I squeak, trying not to cry.

"That little-" Derek starts to say, before I cut him off.

"Little Ears!" I whisper, jabbing him with my elbow.

"Fine. But he should know better." He sighs, running a hand through his hair.

Just by his actions I can tell that he's starting to feel depressed, so I decide that I should let him be.

"I'm going to take a shower. K?" I ask, just in case he needs help.

"I'm good. Go take your shower." Derek says waving me off.

"Thank you!" I cheer, giving him a hug before running off.

Once in my temporary room, I grab my zebra print pj shorts, and my lone wolf t-shirt, before heading to the bathroom.

"Shower time!" I sing, jumping into the shower.

 *Flashback* 

"Doni you come home now!" My mother shouts at my fifteen year old sister.

 "No. Now. I don't care what you want to do! I'm your mother!" My mother continues to argue with my sister, as Derek and I watch Christmas movies.

 "Ten minutes Doni." My Mother sighs. Before walking into the living room, and slumping into her blue chair.

 *End Of Flashback*

Tears start to flow down my cheeks, as I remember what happened after that.

 *Flashback*

 I woke up in my bedroom to the phone ringing. Glancing at my Rudolph alarm clock, I see that it's eleven at night. Four hours since Doni, and my mother had fought. Once the phone stops, I tiptoe to my door and open it a bit. Standing in the hallway is my Mother, in her pink silk nightgown.

 "No! No! No!" My Mother gasps, collapsing to the ground in tears.

"She can't be dead. No!" My Mother sobs, her hand covering her mouth.

 "What happened?" My Mother asks, as my door squeaks.

 "Brooke. It's okay. Come here." My Mother consoles me, as the tears start welling in my eyes.