Chapter 1: I Can Totally Wrap Up My Minecraft Cinematic Lore In Two Pages

[Author's note: Sept. 18, 2021]

Sorry this chapter (and a couple others) are so LONG!

My instinct is to write 3k word chapters but it's a bit harder to digest so I've split most of them up. This one lays down some hefty ol world building but I hope it's interesting enough for you guys!

Thank you everyone for reading so far, it's been cool to see people actually interested ❤️ Love you all! Let me know what you think!

——— 🌿 ———

"There were very few consistencies between the branching realms, and even fewer among the overall worlds of the Universe. The game of life could be experienced in many ways, and luck played a significant part in how a player's life would ultimately be.

A player could be born in a treacherous hardcore world, where they only received one life before being recycled into the soul system - or retired into the afterlife.

A player could also be born into a limited world, where they were only given a set amount of lives, this was the most common occurrence, leaving death something to be feared.

A player could even be born into an Adventure world, where they could not interact with blocks and items in their realm, unlike the way things had originally been intended.

Sometimes, however, players were blessed to be born into a vanilla, survival world. Nearly infinite lives as long as they had set their spawn in that realm, as well as the gift of block interaction - leading to amazing builds and machines, as survival itself was often not on the forefront of these players' minds.

Survival worlds like this were uncommon, and nearly all players would leave their world behind to join one. Just for the chance to enjoy life for a long while, without constant threats overhanging their heads. These worlds were a gift from Notch for certain, and the players would never forget that.

Perhaps the most significant similarity that all these worlds share is the existence of three dimensions. The Overworld, The Nether, and The End. All realms have at least these dimensions - if not more, though not all players may be able to access them.

The overworld was where most players chose to reside, or were born into. It was rich with natural resources and plenty of terrain, making it ideal for building or experimenting with complex redstone machinery, or even magic or healing. It was also the biggest of the dimensions, stretching on for infinity in every way but down, and even then, down was a long ways away.

The Nether was the second dimension. It was a lot more dangerous, and varied from world to world. It's distinctive trait was that it was hot. The Nether always brimmed with fire and dangerous mobs, as well as greedy little mobs that could only be persuaded into peace by precious minerals. It was not as common a home to many players, though certain species found comfort in it's red walls and foggy skies.

The final dimension all realms shared was the End. The dimension that very few players knew much about. It was dangerous, more so than the Nether or the Overworld, and if a player were to fall into the inky void that surrounded the End's islands - there was a chance they'd never return.

It was a truly mysterious and terrifying dimension, with a Dragon at each gate, protecting the ruined cities beyond the End's veil; the riches found on the other side attracted players nonetheless.

There was once a fourth dimension known by even fewer. It is often referred to as "The Lost World," though it used to be one of the most popular among players.